Public Relations & Social Media Specialist
Are you fascinated with technology and the way it improves people’s lives? Are you an effective communicator with a passion for storytelling? Do you have a knack for identifying trends and hot topics, and pairing social media and strategy? Laserfiche has a job for you!
We are seeking a public relations and social media specialist who has social media savvy, strong research skills, journalistic instincts, and writing and editing chops. You should have a flair for finding, identifying and telling good stories—plus a good understanding of marketing principles, and the ability to work alongside other marketing teams in order to promote those stories. You must have expertise in the world of social media and how to use various channels to drive business results; an understanding of media relations and B2B marketing/communications; and an aptitude for taking complex ideas and communicating them effectively for a variety of audiences. In this role, you will work with the public relations manager and stakeholders across the company to understand corporate goals and target audiences and conceptualize, plan and execute PR campaigns in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Laserfiche is a global software company committed to accelerating how business gets done by creating software that people love to use. Through powerful workflows, electronic forms, document management and analytics, the Laserfiche platform eliminates manual processes and automates repetitive tasks. Customers in every industry use Laserfiche to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experience. Today, Laserfiche is innovating with cloud, machine learning and AI to enable organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that increases Laserfiche’s online footprint, and improves marketing and sales efforts
- Identify and research unique customer stories, conduct interviews and write case studies
- Write press releases, media alerts, media pitches, interview briefs and thought leadership content pertaining to Laserfiche, its products and its spokespeople
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts, including pitching, coordinating media interviews, researching media outlets and contacts, and assembling and maintaining targeted media lists
- Plan, edit and write content for various internal communications channels
- Research and identify opportunities to build brand awareness and promote corporate messaging, including editorial calendars, influencer partnerships, awards programs, speaking engagements and community events
- Build and disseminate PR reports to relevant stakeholders
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a public relations/communications role, including experience writing for a publication, website, blog or similar media
- Experience with Cision or a similar media intelligence platform
- Experience with PRNewswire or a similar wire service
- Experience using social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Experience measuring, tracking and improving social media metrics
- Outstanding storytelling and creative messaging skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong grasp of AP Style, plus editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology, marketing, PR strategy and media
- Willingness to learn on the job as needed
- Agency experience a plus
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***