Public Relations and Communications Manager
Safer Students. Better Learning. At GoGuardian our software is revolutionizing K-12 education by helping teachers and students tap the educational power of the internet in safe and inspiring ways. As the only solution in its space built exclusively by, for, and with educators, it's easy to see why GoGuardian was just named Inc. 500's fastest growing Education company and 5th fastest growing Software company.
As the Public Relations and Communications Manager you’ll be responsible for promoting the company’s corporate initiatives and products, managing strategic communication and messaging, and increasing our media promotion. Working from our El Segundo office, this is a hands-on individual contributor position.
- Create and execute a well-defined PR plan with goals, metrics and review cycles
- Find, connect, and nurture relationships with influential media outlets, journalists, and others with the ultimate goal of having them advocate our brand and advance our story across all channels
- Proactively identify, recommend and submit GoGuardian for relevant awards, content syndication, speaking and thought leadership opportunities
- Write, pitch and distribute relevant copy for press releases, blogs, media pitches, FAQs, crisis plans, etc.
- As the day-to-day PR contact, field media queries and generate responses with timely and accurate information to meet deadlines; drive tactical execution in coordination with external PR Consultant
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership opportunities
- 5+ years’ relevant experience within a corporate public relations and/or communications department or at a PR/communications agency
- Strong understanding of the media, public relations and other communication channels
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask effectively
- Strong project management skills and experience meeting aggressive timelines
- Exceptional communications skills, including strong verbal and copywriting ability, with expertise interpreting and translating technical information into dynamic and memorable messaging
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact and communicate with senior management, colleagues, vendors and others to secure and coordinate communication deliverables
- Proven passion for branding and storytelling, with the ability to bring forward imaginative PR concepts and ideas to life that result in meaningful and impactful media exposure
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description