Product Marketing Manager at Inspire
Inspire is seeking a talented Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team and help bring our innovative products and services to life. As a Product Marketing Manager at Inspire, you will work alongside our Product team during new product development and partner with our Sales team to help us crush our member growth and engagement goals. Your talents will help us accelerate our mission to increase access to renewable energy.
THE PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Our mission is to build a customer-focused clean energy platform, complete with smart home devices to improve a home’s energy efficiency. To help us achieve our mission, the candidate in this role will serve as the Product Marketing Lead for one of our Product lines and be responsible for the following:
- BUILD A STRATEGIC GO-TO-MARKET ROADMAP – Leveraging insights about our target consumer and the marketplace, you will partner with Product, Commercial Strategy & Sales teams to develop a comprehensive go-to-market strategy and roadmap to launch our products.
- ESTABLISH OPTIMIZED PRODUCT POSITIONING - Based on your deep understanding of who our members are, and what they are looking for to solve their needs, you will develop and optimize your product’s positioning and messaging that resonates with customers and differentiates your products in the market. This compelling messaging will be leveraged across marketing channels (website, landing pages, ad campaigns, etc).
- BE THE EXPERT ON OUR BUYERS - Know who they are, how they buy, what competing products they would consider and their key buying criteria.
- BECOME AN EXPERT ON YOUR PRODUCT & ITS PERFORMANCE - Build & manage a dashboard that tracks your key product marketing KPIs. Identify areas of opportunity to maximize acquisition, engagement and retention among members.
- CREATING ALL NECESSARY MARKETING ASSETS - Assess the current member journey, alongside feedback from Sales team, to create new marketing assets (both physical & digital) to help promote your product lines and increase conversion.
SOME EXPECTED 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Evaluate and optimize the Clean 1.0 member journey to show marked improvement in acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Establish an optimized Go-To-Market roadmap for Clean 2.0 launch in Q4.
- Build a Clean Product Marketing dashboard that highlights the key metrics on a weekly basis
- 100% onboarded after 45 days (i.e. understands how their role fits into the broader organization’s mission, and is able to add value and begin implementing strategies)
- Inquisitive - Asks questions and seeks to understand in order to evaluate the best path forward.
- Analytical - Understands the importance of using data to make an informed decision. Is comfortable sifting through data from a variety of sources to create a hypothesis, and use a scientific testing method to test those hypotheses.
- Consumer-Centric - Always focuses on the member’s perspective in order to build programs that will resonate with our target audience.
- Organized - The ability to tackle multiple projects at once and synthesizing each project goal and objective and laying out a strategic plan to tackle each one and monitor progress.
- Strong Communicator - Both speaking & writing abilities will be tapped into this role in order to tell the story of our products across various marketing channels.
- Collaborative - Ability to work effectively alongside several groups across the organization, and take on task ownership, in order to take a project across the finish line.
- Must Have
- 4 - 6 years of B2C product marketing experience with a strong focus on the customer.
- Experience working on omnichannel marketing campaigns with solid results
- Strong analytical skills to be able to critically evaluate data into actionable insights
- Very strong written & presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong cross-functional leadership and relationship building ability
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- Nice to Have
- Product Marketing experience at a tech-forward company
- Experience with subscription or digital/technical products a plus.
- Creative self-starter who can identify opportunities and takes initiatives to solve problems.
- Strong presentation skills to a broad audience.
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected movement towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!