Product Marketing Manager at Tala
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to expand financial access, choice and control to underserved consumers globally. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
We are reinventing credit by using alternative data to underwrite customers in real time, without reliance on traditional credit reports and helping our users build an entirely new financial identity through digital credit. Our proprietary identity and credit scoring technologies have helped us lend to over 1M+ customers overlooked by traditional finance – with the goal of serving an estimated underserved population of 3 billion globally!
At Tala, we see the world differently. We’re driven by a fundamental belief in people, and we work hard to prove their potential. We take risks that others won’t, in order to put more power in our customers’ hands. Every day, we challenge the limits of a system that has left 3 billion people behind – committing to building a world where underserved people everywhere have financial access, choice, and control. We call this way of doing things Radical Trust. We think trust will be the currency that drives a better financial system – one that sees, understands and serves more of the world’s people.
We’re looking for a passionate product marketer who is interested in solving one of the world's largest problems, financial inclusion. Our team is doing cutting-edge work in data science and machine learning, using unique data to give people in emerging markets access to credit — something they’ve never had before. This helps us realize the vision of unlocking financial access, choice, and control for underserved people globally.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating strategies that connect our customers, market, and product to deepen customer engagement and retention. You will help shape the voice of the product to our customer and the voice of our customers to our internal teams. You will uncover insights to launch and test products that empower, inspire, and ultimately drive customer loyalty.
- Own the product positioning and go-to market strategy working with cross functional teams including product, data, research, in-country growth, and brand
- Develop and test targeted messaging and value propositions for new and existing features focused on driving customer engagement, loyalty, and advocacy
- Partner with product and in-country growth teams to pilot and scale successful experiments
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years product and growth marketing experience delivering successful acquisition and engagement strategies
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capabilities to drive decision making and testing strategy
- Proven ability to leverage user insights, data, and brand story to craft a message that resonates with our users across channels and markets
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Customer-first approach, leading with empathy and desire to understand our market, customers, and competitors
- Bias towards action, outcomes, and growth-mindset
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by Google Ventures, IVP, Revolution, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k and reimbursement for commuting expenses. To promote healthy work-life balance, we offer unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave. At Tala, we provide enriching opportunities for personal and professional development, including travel to our global markets to meet with actual customers.
We truly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.