Product Marketing Copywriter at Spokeo
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:21 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 12, 2019
Spokeo is a leading people intelligence and search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture, as we leverage data to make the world around us more transparent and trusted.
We are looking for a product marketing copywriter within digital consumer product, retail e-commerce and/or online search-based service experience to define, describe, market and position our products and services with general consumers, new users and returning customers. This individual will generate clean, descriptive, clear and engaging content and copy across multiple publishing platforms including websites, mobile apps, social media platforms, online app store listings, product descriptions, promoted emails, push notifications and SEO content.
Product Copywriter responsibilities include writing product copy and use case descriptions, web/mobile/social/email content, marketing summaries, feature definitions, instructional, how-to and use tip copy, social media marketing content, email campaign copy, user personas, and creating promotional, instructional, value-oriented, affinity text that best describes our products, services, and value. Ultimately, you will ensure our product marketing content and copy presents our brand, our products & services, and our product value in an accurate, appealing, entertaining, and compelling way.
The Product Marketing Copywriter will work cross-functionally with various leaders, product management and delivery team members to define, write, edit, publish and optimize clear, consistent, useful and engaging product copy and structured product marketing content around Spokeo’s product value, brand value, vision, and mission to targeted audiences including consumers, the marketplace and industry community. The Product Marketing Copywriter will work with and report directly to Spokeo’s SVP of Product in Pasadena, CA.
Along with your application, please submit samples of your work (either a portfolio or links to published work samples.)
- Compose, develop and write clear and compelling copy, content, text, calls to action labels and text to describe, define and promote products, services, and customer value proposition, and craft product value-focused copy, content to engage potential users attention, for product names, product descriptions, name+descriptions, labels, calls-to-action, image captions, email campaigns, push notifications, selling points, guidelines, tips, hints, instructions for use, product value propositions, restrictions, etc.
- Update and maintain product descriptions; increase product engagement through compelling product copy, labels, user messaging, descriptions, and information design
- Work with product managers and designers on landing pages, mobile apps, email campaigns and social platforms for new product features and services, and ensure all content we produce is consistent with our brand and product value
- Develop and extend consistent voice, personality, tone, narrative and word use throughout the customer journey (onsite and off, across digital media, web, mobile, email and social that connect to and engage with our customers)
- Deliver high-quality, on-brand copy solutions. Ensure all content is clear, accurate, on-brand, and meets all product marketing, legal, regulatory and best practice requirements. Develop internal copywriting, editing, proofing and product marketing communication practices
- Translate marketing strategies into creative copy and content execution, partnering with product, marketing, customer care, legal, UX design, and other stakeholder teams to ensure that content meets brand and business objectives; distill complex creative concepts to understandable copy solutions and clearly rationalize strategic thinking and messaging rationale to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Product Marketing or Marketing and/or related fields or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience with Product Copywriting, Product Marketing, Strategic Communications or Corporate Communications
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Consumer Products, Ecommerce Retail or Online Search industries and companies, with experience partnering with Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Marketing Communication organizations, firms or agencies
- Work experience as a Product Copywriter, Product Marketing Copywriter or similar role with online product marketing campaigns, email campaigns, SEO and basic keyword search knowledge
- Proven experience writing short and long-and-short form omnichannel digital content and copy across multiple online and offline marketing channels and platforms (web/mobile/social/email) with an available portfolio of published articles, available online samples of work
- Exceptional grasp of grammar, punctuation, usage and mechanical wording, with persuasive writing, editing, proofreading, verbal and analytical skills
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Read Full Job Description