PR & Social Media Manager
Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Papyrus, Verizon, Marriott, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 80% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Unlimited PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
Wpromote’s internal marketing division is looking for a highly-motivated and experienced PR & Social Media Manager to add to the team. The right candidate is proactive, performance-driven, and an entertaining communicator. They should be passionate about content and love to follow the latest trends in tech and digital marketing. They should be comfortable writing engaging social posts one minute, launching press coverage the next, and then digging into data and adjusting strategies on the fly. This role would be responsible for our external communications, leveraging an ability to turn complex, technical topics into compelling, sticky stories that press, partners, and the industry can't help but read and share.
You Will Be
- Building narratives and proactively executing PR campaigns to drive demand and increase awareness about the Wpromote brand
- Responsible for press releases, pitching media, handling press inquiries, securing coverage, tracking event coverage, and arranging public appearances
- Developing, building, and maintaining strong relationships with relevant digital media publications/industry sites
- Researching, drafting, editing, and placing content/thought leadership pieces on third party sites.
- Developing and executing internal branded social media marketing strategy and initiatives to drive awareness, traffic, engagement, and leads to wpromote.com
- Managing all of Wpromote’s social media profiles including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, and Pinterest
- Creating timely, engaging, attention-worthy organic posts and paid ad campaigns that positively reflect the Wpromote brand and position us as a leader within the digital marketing space
- Optimizing Wpromote’s blog program by coordinating, drafting, and editing content leveraging storytelling skills and SEO knowledge
- Crafting award submissions and press outreach to support them
- Conceptualizing and maintaining communications calendars (paid and organic social posting, press, blog)
- Analyzing and reporting channel specific (i.e. blogs, PR outreach, etc) KPIs on a monthly basis
- Assisting the internal marketing team with additional branding initiatives on an as needed basis
You Must Have
- 3-5 years of experience in a public relations role at a brand, advertising agency, or b2b/SaaS company
- Experience in developing, optimizing, analyzing, and reporting on paid and earned social campaigns across all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Talent with writing creative, concise, smart, and engaging copy for an established brand voice that incorporated strong grammatical/writing skills
- Deep knowledge of digital advertising and marketing issues and trends, including the corresponding media landscape
- Strong knowledge with Facebook Ads Manager and Power Editor
- Solid knowledge of LinkedIn Advertising is preferred
- Previous experience in blog management and a strong knowledge of WordPress
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Solid Knowledge with MS Excel application and general knowledge of other MS office applications, and Google suite
- Creative and analytical skills with the ability to take direction well, learn/develop new skill sets, problem solve, and take on new challenges
- A strong level of attention to detail with creative aptitude and analytical thinking in a holistic manner
- Ability to gracefully give, receive, and incorporate feedback
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where multitasking skills and hitting/exceed deadlines is required
- Two or four year degree in communications, digital marketing, or related discipline