PR Manager, Trust and Reputation at Ring
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:19 p.m. (PST) on Monday, February 10, 2020
Ring is seeking a highly intelligent, self-motivated, and creative public relations professional to join our PR team in Santa Monica. As a PR Manager, you will work with the Ring PR team and key business leaders to imagine, develop and execute communications programs related to Ring.
We are constantly innovating on behalf of customers by developing new devices and services that customers love. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products in a manner that maintains our high bar for customer privacy. In this role, you lead communications programs that help build and maintain customer trust.
You must have high-judgment, excellent communication skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, strong project management ability and a talent for effectively managing projects. You will also have experience of working to high standards under tight deadlines, and be flexible in managing ambiguity as priorities change.
- Create communications programs to engage and build trust in Ring products and services with customers, policymakers, and industry leaders.
- Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities.
- Identify and craft response strategies for reputation issues and reactive news cycles that arise.
- Create and maintain toolkits, processes and templates to help the team better manage reputation issues.
- Address reporter questions about Ring.
- Develop media statements, FAQs, and other content related to Ring.
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media.
- Collaborate with PR colleagues globally.
- Help manage external PR firms as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 7+ years of PR experience either in-house or at an agency
- Experience in crisis communications and reputation management
- Demonstrated history of strong judgement when managing complex topics in narrow timeframes
- Ability to earn trust with senior executives
- Experience working on and understanding public policy issues
- Strong understanding of data privacy and security
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Outstanding attention to detail and bias for action, as well as an understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the scope of your job
- A passion for consumer electronics
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description