PR Director, Corporate Communications
We are seeking a passionate, creatively charged corporate communications professional to drive public relations for our industry leading energy awareness solutions. This individual will lead all proactive campaigns about our utility industry marketplace solutions.
Your role is to create, find, and develop innovative communication to maximize corporate awareness and develop value added concepts for our brand. Partake in special projects and participate in cross functional activities that drive our corporate narrative.
You will be responsible for designing and executing proactive PR campaigns around our programs and initiatives . The Corp Comm Director will work with internal teams to define our corporate narrative then build the plan and execute it across external entities.
Tasked with building strong relations with members of industry associations, the media and external influencers to tell new and interesting stories about our energy solutions. You will have experience in managing complex narratives and issues with utilities, government agencies, academia and the press. To be successful in this role, you must crave autonomy and ownership, and be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done.
· Design and execute yearlong PR campaigns about Enervee’s products and solutions.
· Develop, build, and maintain strong relationships with key contacts.
· Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders and business teams, including preparation for media interviews and speaking opportunities.
· Own and manage cross channel communications, social media, and similar storytelling engagements.
· Draft written materials, including press releases, white-papers, blogs, statements, Q&As, and more.
· Identify and leverage data to support storytelling efforts – build strong relations with internal teams to mine for good stories.
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity.
· Show strong creativity and strategic thinking skills.
· Write annual plans and be responsible for quarterly business reviews and manage a budget.
You should have extensive experience in corporate communications with sound analytical skills. Be a strategic thinker and planner simultaneously with a passion for innovation. First-rate written and verbal communication skills are also important. Experience in the media, utility or government sectors are also essential for this position.
· 8 years of experience in Public Relations.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience executing highly successful, creative campaigns and events.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
· Attention to detail.
· A network of Utility industry, government and media contacts and a desire to work with all ≠proactively.
· High ownership and commitment to delivering results.
· Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the job’s scope.
· An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Experience serving as spokesperson.
· Experience managing budgets and agencies.
- Collaborative office space in the heart of Culver City.
- Very fine coffee, nutritious and utterly delicious snacks, catered lunches and happy hours.
- Truly competitive benefits and stock options in a fast-growing startup.
- Unlimited PTO (so you can unleash the extreme wit you'll acquire working for us on your defenseless friends and family.)
- The chance to jump into the trenches with an exceptional team that cares deeply about our work, planet and virtually all of its inhabitants.