Paid Search Specialist (Google Adwords)
- Plan, develop, and implement comprehensive paid media strategies to increase brand visibility and recognition, and drive new user acquisition and leads via various paid search engine marketing platforms including but not limited to: Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo Gemini, Apple Search, etc.
- Conduct thorough brand and website audits to understand our clients’ key value proposition, core products, brand aesthetic, and identify opportunities to successfully market them and make them stand out in the marketplace.
- Ensure CRO basics are in place
- Manage between 5-15 paid search accounts on behalf of Hawke Media clients, with aggregate monthly spends ranging between $25,000 - $500,000.
- Utilize Google Analytics to develop insights and action items intended to increase our clients’ revenues.
- Staying informed with Paid Search industry best practices, new trends and technologies and platform updates (e.g. AdWords, Bing, etc.)
- Monitoring purchased media to ensure that the advertisements appear as planned across high quality publisher sites.
- Compiling daily, weekly, monthly, and lifetime reports with key performance metrics in Data Studio to quantify results and communicate them to the client.
- Preparing advertising schedules and timelines for client onboarding, campaign launch, and ongoing account optimization and maintenance.
- Developing advertisement copy for paid media campaigns with the ultimate objective of generating action, interest and engagement from the targeted audience.
- Continuously monitor, identify and improve all three components of the AdWords quality Score: Ad Relevance, Expected CTR, and Landing Page Experience
- Assure keyword targets, landing page content, and text ad copy are all in close alignment and optimized
- Preparing design assets for Google Display Network campaigns in Photoshop by sourcing images, resizing images, and placing text overlay, logos, and iconography on raw images.
- Assure conversion tracking is QA’ed within AdWords to track all pertinent events within the sales funnel
- Monitor and test campaign SMART bidding strategies: Target CPA, Target ROAS, Enhanced CPC, Maximize Conversions, and more.
- Create and implement campaign A/B test experiments to identify optimal campaign settings
- Daily completion of all administrative tasks such as Timesheets and Weekly Wins.
- Recording all client-facing tasks and deliverables in internal project management software (Wrike).
- Implementation and continuous maintenance of the Alpha Beta campaign structure to ensure ad spend is focussed on top performing keywords while the Beta campaigns continue to play an R&D role by uncovering new top performing keywords
Skills and Experience:
- A comprehensive understanding of the Google AdWords ad auction, general advertising ecosystem, best practices, bid and optimization strategies, and campaign objectives
- 1+ years of related work in media planning, buying, and/or analysis with budgets exceeding $300k annually.
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and eCommerce view.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Analyzed and reported on digital media accounts and campaign trends.
- Proven track record of retaining paid media accounts in previous experience
- Success in growing and scaling Paid Search campaign budgets in previous experience
- Experience utilizing heatmapping tools (such as HotJar, CrazyEgg, etc.) to improve user experience and efficiency a Plus
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities in a client-facing role.
- Professional and respectful demeanor towards internal and external business partners.
- Effective time management in a professional setting.
- Can effectively collaborate in a team environment
- Integrity and optimism, regardless of the situation.
- Use information, data, and resources to proactively identify and solve problems to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
What Hawke Offers:
- A ridiculously awesome work environment - equal parts laid-back startup and motivated meritocracy
- An executive team that has scaled startups in the past and has every intention of continuing to scale Hawke Media into a dominant player in the digital marketing agency space
- Tons of training opportunities, including weekly education, book clubs, online courses, paid live courses, and over 80 skilled marketers to learn from/with
- Great opportunities to grow your technical skills and grow into an leader in the creative space
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental and unlimited PTO (we value performance and reward accordingly!)
Our outsourced CMO value prop is taking the digital marketing world by storm. It’s why we’re one of Inc.’s fastest growing companies in the country. We’ve got no plans to slow down anytime soon, and we’re staffing up to support our scaling operations. At Hawke, we work hard, but we chill harder - we’re proud to be one of Glassdoor’s 50 best places to work in the country!