Merchandising Manager at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 7:19 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
GOAT is seeking a Merchandising Manager responsible for ensuring a best-in-class customer experience by leveraging data analytics, industry trends and competitive research in order to maximize customer conversion and retention. You will work on the GOAT app and website with a focus on presenting GOAT’s featured releases, promotions, shoppable collections, product carousels, and “trending” spotlight in a way that drives engagement and GMV. The right Merchandising Manager will have a deep understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in fashion / sneakers, and a passion for user experience to improve the merchandising strategy.
The position will be accountable for ensuring timely and accurate production of content and related merchandise modules and will work cross-functionally with the Product, Marketing and Business Development teams to achieve sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives. You will also collaborate with our Product / Engineering teams to advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the expert for site performance. This role requires a balance of day-to-tactics and longer-term contributions to the future of our app and website.
In this role you will:
- Create and implement a daily / weekly / monthly merchandise content calendar while maintaining a keen awareness of the competitive landscape and broader fashion and ecommerce shopping trends
- Manage key categories, utilizing customer behavior data, including: product/content views, conversion, bounce rate and engagement to inform navigation, content and product strategies
- Responsible for pulling all reporting and analysis to optimize navigation, refinements, linking, and onsite search
- Responsible for generating and disseminating weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports.
- Leverage web and app analytics to understand customer touchpoints and engagement to help identify business opportunities and risks
- Continually drive improvements to the web and app experience by partnering with product and engineering to influence roadmap features and functionality
- Identify, plan, execute, and analyze a/b and multivariate testing opportunities to enhance on-site customer experience
- Responsible for the day-to-day and reactive execution of category optimization, product launches and tooling improvements
- Work with the product catalog team on taxonomy optimization
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in digital merchandising, preferably in fashion / retail
- Understanding of retail ecommerce landscape
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- A keen eye for design and strong interest in translating our brand aesthetic through product offering
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes and additional software/web-based applications
- Proven ability to function well in a collaborative environment
- Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Self-motivated, resourceful with a creative mindset
- Keen attention to details
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description