Media Buyer / Trader at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Media Buying team at Universal Music Group is seeking an experienced Media Buyer / Trader for our rapidly growing in-house media team. This is a permanent, full-time position based at the Santa Monica, New York, or London office. Artist success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape and about MUSIC! We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including social, programmatic, paid search, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. This position is responsible for the execution and day-to-day management of all digital media for all of UMG's US labels.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Act as the primary digital media expert for US labels, buying, optimization and reporting
- Liaise with label planning teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns with a focus on campaign KPIs and goals
- Develop and manage paid social, search, native, programmatic and direct programs
- Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google Adwords, and Demand Side Platforms
- Possess strong technical understanding of programmatic audience buying
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle, as applicable
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
- Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
- Experience buying through SEM and Social platforms; Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Marketplace, Twitter, Snapchat
- You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
- Familiarity/experience with DV360, The Trade Desk, Google Analytics, Datorama, Linkfire, Shareablee
- Passionate music fan
- 2+ years' media-related/agency experience, plus at least 2 years of online media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) experience a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer