Media Buyer / Trader at Universal Music Group
The Media Buying team at Universal Music Group is seeking an experienced Media Buyer / Trader for our rapidly growing in-house media team. This is a permanent, full-time position based at the Santa Monica, New York, or London office. Artist success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape and about MUSIC! We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including social, programmatic, paid search, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. This position is responsible for the execution and day-to-day management of all digital media for all of UMG's US labels.
- Act as the primary digital media expert for US labels, buying, optimization and reporting
- Liaise with label planning teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns with a focus on campaign KPIs and goals
- Develop and manage paid social, search, native, programmatic and direct programs
- Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google Adwords, and Demand Side Platforms
- Possess strong technical understanding of programmatic audience buying
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle, as applicable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
- Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
- Experience buying through SEM and Social platforms; Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Marketplace, Twitter, Snapchat
- You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
- Familiarity/experience with DV360, The Trade Desk, Google Analytics, Datorama, Linkfire, Shareablee
- Passionate music fan
- 2+ years' media-related/agency experience, plus at least 2 yearsof online media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) experience a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.