Seriously is building entertainment brands on mobile. With offices in Santa Monica, California, and Helsinki, Finland, the company’s first property, Best Fiends, was first introduced as a mobile game and is now directly connected to an audience of 2M+ people on a daily basis. Recently purchased by mobile game industry giant Playtika, Seriously plans to grow Best Fiends into a wider entertainment business, with the launch of new game titles, the production of additional feature-film quality animations, and the development of cutting-edge creative advertising campaigns in 2020 and beyond.
Seriously plans to not only build out its Best Fiends franchise but also to start developing a second intellectual property, as the company challenges the way entertainment brands are both built and operated.
We are now growing our team and looking for a dedicated and experienced Marketing Manager.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Marketing Manager to join our Santa Monica team at Seriously. The newly created role will be responsible for the day-to-day project management of media and content marketing. This role will also work cross-functionally with various internal and external partners and will contribute to Seriously's success by helping to grow our global IP footprint.
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Primary day-to-day contact for our 3rd party production/media partners; support partners with assets, feedback, communication, etc.
- Assist the VP, Marketing with development and strategy of mass media acquisition (Radio, Podcast, Television)
- Project Manage mass media marketing campaigns and general marketing initiatives.
- Track success of marketing campaigns – sharing results, key learnings, and insights that can be applied to future campaigns.
- Provide competitive analysis on media and content trends.
- Track budget and spend for media campaigns and production projects
- Manage/maintain our Digital Asset Management platform and act as our internal DAM ambassador.
- Become a brand expert: it’s imperative to become a master where it relates to our products and IP.
- Collaborate with multiple teams and individuals across the organization - key stakeholders such as EVP of Brand & Marketing, SVP of Business Development, EVP of Finance and various game product leads.
- EVP, Brand & Marketing
- VP, Marketing
- Marketing Director
- SVP, Business Development
- Video Production Team
- Social Media Team
- External – 3rd party production partners
- External – 3rd party media partners
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience in Advertising or Marketing (media agency and/or radio experience required).
- Passion for storytelling, games, branded entertainment, characters, and worlds – we want you to love these products and the characters that they are based on!
- Project Management skills with incredible attention to detail – the details set us apart from the competition – we need a ‘nothing falls through the cracks’ attitude!
- Ability to think creatively about our content and media strategy to the mass market – we want somebody with their ‘finger on the pulse’ of the latest trends.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; active participation in meetings – we want people who will speak up and have a point of view.
- You need to work well in team environments – play nice with others as this work environment is based on a culture of teamwork.
- This person is a creative thinker and solution driven.
If you feel you are up for the challenge, please apply as soon as possible as we´ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.