Want to be part of an exciting startup that is having a positive impact on the world?
Lumos is the world's first smart bicycle helmet with integrated lights, brake, and turn signals. Launched to the world on Kickstarter in 2015, Lumos raised over $800,000 in its campaign. It has been featured on Forbes, Fast Company, The BBC, and CNN.
Lumos is the first and only helmet of any kind to be sold at the Apple Store, and is currently on sale in over 300 Apple Stores in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
Lumos has been named one of Oprah’s Favorite Things, TIME Magazine’s “Best Inventions of 2018”, and “The Helmet That Every Bike Commuter Needs” by Slate Magazine.
Lumos is a mission-driven company. Started out of our dorm rooms at Harvard, we seek to make a positive impact on the world by helping make cycling safer, preventing avoidable traffic deaths, and helping more people everywhere make cycling a bigger part of their everyday lives.
Join us in our mission to improve cycling safety and have safer streets for all.
You are perfect for us if you are:
An experienced marketing professional that is highly organized, able to work independently with a lot of responsibility, and work well with a team. You are looking for an opportunity to be an influential part of a small team and build an exciting new consumer brand from the ground up.
We're building a whole slew of exciting new products that we think are going to be the next "IT" products in the market. We need a lot of help to help us launch these products into the market and build the Lumos brand. We need a Marketing Manager. This person will work closely with the founders of the company to manage all aspects of our marketing activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Crafting and executing our channel and promotion strategies (digital and offline), using creative ways to find new customers and grow our business
- Develop creative and compelling ways to tell our story and build our brand
- Support the launch of new products
Lumos has been around for a few years now, but we still very much a young early stage company. As such, a high degree of adaptability, independence, and initiative is expected and required to do well at Lumos.
We are constantly learning new things and adapting our strategy and activities accordingly. As such, JDs are looked at more as a guideline at Lumos. We eschew roles and seek people willing and able to go beyond the JD when necessary to fix the problem and get the job done regardless of our “jobs”.
- 2 – 4 years of professional experience as a marketing manager at a consumer brand, agency, or startup, or business analyst/associate at a consulting firm.
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and able to work independently. You’ll be given a series of goals and a budget and be expected to figure the rest out on your own.
- Balanced between being a “thinker-planner” and “doer”. You are a creative strategic thinker able to develop ideas for marketing strategies and campaigns, and can also get your hands dirty to get things done yourself.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced being a bike commuter in an American or European city at some point in their life. Passion for bikes a huge plus
- Detail oriented and organized. You’re a pro at managing and prioritizing the workload for yourself and your team.
- Interest in startups, entrepreneurship, and building things from the ground up