Marketing Manager - Saatchi Art at Leaf Group
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to help tell our brand story across all touch points, with a key focus on social media, email, and blog from our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Marketing Manager - Saatchi Art grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
Reports to: Marketing Director
A typical day as Marketing Manager might include:
- Working closely with the Marketing Director, Curators, Design, and PR Teams to concept and create marketing content and promotional campaigns
- Work with Marketing Director to develop content strategy with a strong editorial calendar
- Create and manage lead-generation efforts including sweepstakes, content marketing initiatives, and partnerships.
- Manage email content strategy and segmentation, including ongoing newsletter efforts, triggered campaigns, and new content profiles/franchises.
- Manage social media channels—manage content strategy and calendars, draft and publish posts, and provide ongoing reports on performance—as well as influencer marketing initiatives
- Act as the “always-on” voice of on social, including managing customer inquiries submitted via social to provide an exceptional brand experience.
- Work with our Performance Marketing and Business Insights teams to develop and segment target audiences to make our marketing programs highly relevant and effective in driving action for our audiences
- Leverage insights from social interactions (and customer database) to help develop loyalty campaigns.
- Report on marketing campaign performance, working with colleagues in Performance Marketing and Business Insights.
- Play an active role in weekly brainstorms to help develop marketing tactics that will push the brand forward and reach new prospects
- Stay up-to-date on all marketing best practices
- Manage marketing intern
You’ll be successful if you are inquisitive, inspired, and strategic. You are personable, interested in art, and want to contribute to Saatchi Art’s growth and success. You want to roll up your sleeves and take advantage of the opportunity to work at a fast-paced e-commerce company. You must have a strong understanding of ecommerce, brand strategy, and the art of crafting a concise and compelling message. You must be action-oriented, ready to manage “always-on” social media and email communications, and have a genuine appreciation for art.
What You Have:
- Bachelors or higher degree with at least 5 years of marketing and communications experience or equivalent experience
- Strategic thinker with experience managing brand stories and building and executing integrated campaigns, with an emphasis on social and email.
- Stellar copywriting skills. You’re comfortable tackling social media posts, drafting and line-editing articles, email copy––and everything in between.
- Analytical ability to translate data into actionable insights; must have a solid understanding of email and social analytics and reporting
- A growth hacker mindset—you’ll constantly be thinking about increasing results, aim to understand the impact of a change if it is successful, and will get excited when a test yields growth!
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and accountable for work every step of the way
- A genuine appreciation for art and design. You are tuned into contemporary home decor, design, art, and pop culture.
- A stickler for the details— you have exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and self-manage against tight timelines
- Comfortable working as part of a team and on your own.
- Previous experience working in marketing at an e-commerce business, start up, or advertising agency a plus
- A pleasant and supportive demeanor
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.