Marketing Data Analyst at EZ Texting
A Santa Monica-based tech company, EZ Texting's voice and text marketing platform is revolutionizing how businesses communicate. We are passionate dreamers who believe that technology can make a meaningful difference to any organization's success. Located in the heart of Santa Monica, we've created a unique work-space that the Los Angeles Business Journal has named one of the Top 100 places to work in LA - for the last four years running. Come find out why.
EZ Texting is looking for a talented and passionate Marketing Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence Team.
The marketing data analyst will work with the marketing team to create critical analytics of the various marketing programs and email communications. The use of advanced analytics, problem-solving, and technical skills will play a critical role in interpreting complex data and propose recommendations to the entire marketing group. This role is also responsible for continuous research to explore and implement new concepts and technologies to help our team gain efficiencies, to drive innovation, and to optimize how we meet business objectives.
- Develop and track all key business metrics (leads, MQLs, LTV/channel, ARPU) to identify key trends and opportunities for optimization. Provide weekly reporting.
- Query and manipulate large data sets to create customer profiles and associated marketing strategies. Make recommendations based on findings.
- Measure and optimize the performance and effectiveness of all lead generation activities.
- Build dashboards that will monitor channel pacing and downstream metrics. Identify new trends, flag potential issues, and provide guidance to marketing team based on findings.
- Understand sources of data, data extraction methodologies, and functional applications related to data flow.
- Produce and maintain spreadsheets, reports, process documentation, and dashboards for project scheduling and management.
- Use collaboration skills and open communication to reach across functional borders.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Data Analysis experience within Sales and Marketing teams
- 3+ years of experience in CRM analytics, including pipeline processes, reporting and dashboards
- Experience working cross-functionally to gain insights, communicate tasks/scope and drive positive change
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning & results from data
- Mastery of formulas in excel, VBS (Visual Basic for Applications) knowledge a plus
- Comfortable with marketing automation platforms (HubSpot/Salesforce experience a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expertise in Google Analytics, knowledge of Tableau and A/B testing frameworks
- Thorough understanding of Google Tag Manager
- Organized, logical, and process-oriented
- Ability to prioritize to ensure initiatives stay on track
- Fully paid medical (medical, dental, vision) benefits, 50% for families
- 401 (k) plan
- Unlimited sick leave
- Stock options
- Paid vacation
- Dog friendly office
- General awesomeness