ZipfWorks is an e-commerce shopping network. Each year, we help 40 million consumers make better informed purchases through our network of innovative shopping applications. Our services include the world's leading crowdsourced savings site (dealspotr.com), the leading Q&A platform dedicated to online shopping questions (knoji.com), and a powerful social discovery tool for online fashion (stylespotter.com).
Learn more about us here: https://zipfworks.com.
We're a small tech startup based in Santa Monica. Small, in terms of on-site team size, but big in terms of our ambition, scale, and impact. We utilize new methods of management, such as crowdsourcing, machine learning, and a remote workforce, to scale our company responsibly at minimal risk. We believe in hiring only the best people, who share our passion for technology and innovation, as we continue to develop and scale our network of industry-leading digital consumer services.
We're looking for a talented, ambitious and creative problem solver to take on a critical role in our team. As our Marketing Coordinator, you'll be responsible for the execution of the community-facing marketing initiatives for our consumer platforms such as Dealspotr and Knoji. This includes social media posting, writing for our blog, communicating with users, running email campaigns, developing community management policies and guidelines, and providing feedback to our product design team to assist in improving our user experience.
This is not your average, run-of-the-mill marketing job. We like to keep our team small, and we only hire key, strategic staff for long-term growth, so we're looking for an individual who can learn and scale with the job over time. This means you must have the requisite motivation, intellect, talent and tenacity to be promoted to Manager, Sr Manager, and Director levels over time.
Key qualities we look for in prospective team members:
- High intelligence
- Ambition, career focus
- Product and design mindset (you love tech, new products, and the creative - process)
- Team orientation
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Brainstorm our social media calendar based on our brand message priorities
- Create visual and text-based social media content across social platforms
- Schedule social media posts using tools such as Buffer and Hootsuite
- Assist with content planning & strategy for our blog, write select blog posts
- Handle email marketing campaigns using tools such as Mailchimp and Buzzstream
- Conduct influencer outreach campaigns using tools like Moz, Buzzsumo, Ninja Outreach and Ahrefs
- Serve as lead ambassador and voice of our community. Correspond with members via email, forums, messaging.
- Utilize social listening and direct interaction to collect feedback on our user experience. Communicate feedback and make recommendations to the product team.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Job type: Full-time
- Salary: $43,000 / year with full benefits