What You'll Do
- Inspires community readers with on-point messaging and content.
- Develops understanding of products, target audience, and competitor activities in the market.
- Aligns brand voice and develops a deep understanding of what editorial content means to Bird.
- Partners with leaders in Product, Engineering, Community, Launch, Operations, Government Relations, and more to deliver new ideas and strategy for content delivery.
- Responsible for strategy, copy and voice across all of Bird’s original content.
- Protect, edit, and proofread the language of the brand while finding new ways to elevate it.
- Recruit, build, and lead in-house writers as well as external contributors.
What You'll Have
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in copy writing or content development.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team.
What You'll Need
- Experience writing copy for consumer technology or transportation, with the proven ability to also communicate with cities and local governments.
- Experience working with creative teams from concept through execution.
- Impeccable grammar and writing skills.
- Proven ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop novel content and copy solutions.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Evidence of a strong portfolio.
- Ability to collaborate, lead, and inspire a team.
- Passionate about the Bird product.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.