Head of Product Marketing at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for an innovative and visionary Head of Product Marketing to lead and build our Product Marketing capability, as well as manage marketing and sales enablement initiatives that drive awareness, adoption and customer success for our product. This person will help inform our team how to better engage with our customers and be able to put themselves in the shoes of our customer base. This role will work cross functionally across the business and will report directly to the Vice President, Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a narrative that communicates our product vision, summarizes Clutter’s value to our prospects and customers, and connects our products and solutions together in a cohesive story
- Create and develop product positioning, messaging, pricing strategy and outbound marketing activities and lead generation campaigns for all markets, customer segments and sales channels
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on our customers, the technology roadmap, industry trends and the competitive environment, and use this insight to inform our product messaging, positioning and narrative
- Oversee and provide direction for market segmentation and targeting in order to deliver unique customer attraction and monetization strategies
- Own and manage the product marketing budget and initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- An analytical and quantitative thinker who leverages the use of data and comprehensive market analysis to inform decision making
- Ability to think through the psychology of our target customer profile and use that hypothesis to determine the appropriate channels, content and timing of our marketing efforts that will resonate the best with that population
- Experience building a compelling product brand from scratch at an industry leading B2C or B2B company
- Driven, collaborative teammate capable of tackling both tactical and strategic problems
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, ideally in a quantitative discipline