Head of PR, Corporate Communication at Enervee
Why We’re Here
Enervee’s mission is to engage and influence better consumer choice. To make every buying decision an energy-smart buying decision. We do this by bringing together the best in data science, behavioral science, digital product design and marketing. The result is the Enervee Score®. A simple, seamless experience for consumers that has the potential to save a lot (and we mean a lot) of energy. We believe energy-smart choices must be simple, clear and engaging, for everyone.
Today, energy companies across the US use Enervee’s applications and services to engage their customers in energy-smart decisions. Over 50 million customers, making decisions in more than 26 product categories (at last count).
Who We Are
We are a diverse group of innovators brought together with one unifying mission – a relentless passion for helping people choose better. Choices that help people save money, energy, and the earth.
We are seeking a passionate, creatively charged corporate communications professional to drive public relations for our industry leading energy awareness solutions. This individual will lead all proactive campaigns about our utility industry marketplace solutions.
Your role is to create, find, and develop innovative communication to maximize corporate awareness and develop value added concepts for our brand. Partake in special projects and participate in cross functional activities that drive our corporate narrative.
You will be responsible for designing and executing proactive PR campaigns around our programs and initiatives . The Corp Comm Director will work with internal teams to define our corporate narrative then build the plan and execute it across external entities.
Tasked with building strong relations with members of industry associations, the media and external influencers to tell new and interesting stories about our energy solutions. You will have experience in managing complex narratives and issues with utilities, government agencies, academia and the press. To be successful in this role, you must crave autonomy and ownership, and be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done.
How You Can Make An Impact
· Design and execute yearlong PR campaigns about Enervee’s products and solutions.
· Develop, build, and maintain strong relationships with key contacts.
· Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders and business teams, including preparation for media interviews and speaking opportunities.
· Own and manage cross channel communications, social media, and similar storytelling engagements.
· Draft written materials, including press releases, white-papers, blogs, statements, Q&As, and more.
· Identify and leverage data to support storytelling efforts – build strong relations with internal teams to mine for good stories.
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity.
· Show strong creativity and strategic thinking skills.
· Write annual plans and be responsible for quarterly business reviews and manage a budget.
What You Bring To The Team
You should have extensive experience in corporate communications with sound analytical skills. Be a strategic thinker and planner simultaneously with a passion for innovation. First-rate written and verbal communication skills are also important. Experience in the media, utility or government sectors are also essential for this position.
· 5 years of experience in Public Relations.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience executing highly successful, creative campaigns and events.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
· Attention to detail.
· A network of Utility industry, government and media contacts and a desire to work with all ≠proactively.
· High ownership and commitment to delivering results.
· Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the job’s scope.
· An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Experience serving as spokesperson.
· Experience managing budgets and agencies.
Why You Will Love Being Part of Enervee
- We Celebrate Diversity, Encourage Innovation, Work Collaboratively, And Provide Transparency
- Sustainability is our business model as well as our mode of operation
- People are our greatest asset and we want to empower you to help achieve our vision
- We're passionate about our partners and we genuinely appreciate them
- We are led by an experienced leadership team committed to empowerment and passionate about professional development and growth
How We Care
- Every employee has a stake in our mission with the opportunity to participate in Enervee’s Equity Plan
- We care about the present as well as the future and provide competitive compensation and a 401K retirement saving plan with an above industry average Employer Match
- The well-being of our employees is pivotal, and we address this through various initiatives we periodically assess and enhance:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Plans (100% Employer paid for Employees and at 50% for Dependents)
- Employer Covered Life and AD&D Insurance
- Access to Health, Well-being, Personal Development and Counselling Resources
- Unrestricted Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Customized Catered Lunches and Access to Healthy Snacks
- Company events, including volunteering, happy hours and team outings
- We aim to equip you with the best tools and environment to boost your productivity so you can just focus on bringing your A-game to work
- Choose your own devices program
- Standing Desks
- Beautiful office in the heart of Culver City with plenty of sunshine and stunning views spanning the Hollywood sign, Griffith Observatory, Downton, and Culver City Stairs