Head of Paid Advertising
At Single Grain, we’re driving the best results in online digital marketing that our clients have ever seen, everyday. If you’re passionate about delivering excellent results, have the grit to get things done, love to use data to drive marketing decisions and know everyday is an opportunity to learn - you’ll love it here. If you are energetic, goal-driven, creative, committed to your clients and the agency, love to have fun and are ready to build something special, you’ll make a real impact here.
We are a small but fast growing digital media agency based in the heart of Los Angeles CA. Led by one of the thought leaders in online digital marketing, we’re growing fast! We’re looking for a superstar Head of Paid Advertising to lead our team of marketing genius' to deliver superior results for our clients. If CPM, CPC, CTR and Quality Score mean something to you, then read on!
The Head of Paid Advertising operates as a leader within the agency responsible for all Paid Advertising service delivery. This is inclusive of all client onboarding, strategy development, tactical delivery, innovation, digital platform capabilities, knowledge management and reporting.
The role reports to the Agency Operations Director and is supported by a team of Paid Advertising Managers, Paid Advertising Specialists and Digital Marketing Interns.
This role is responsible for:
- Client Satisfaction - Single Grain client satisfaction through the service delivery of paid advertising is your first priority. All clients that sign on with Single Grain receive the premium level of service delivery and the partnership they expect for their digital marketing needs.
- Paid Advertising Expertise -
- You're able to take a holistic view of cross-channel attribution and strategize with other Analysts to maximize performance.
- You can demonstrate the ability to lead and strategize for multiple channels. At least 3 (Facebook, AdWords and one more).
- You have a full lifecycle view of the customer and marketing KPIs and mastery in 3 primary revenue channels.
- Can coordinate and manage third party vendors to deliver Paid Advertising components (such as design or CRO related activities) to deliver a valuable and polished service to clients.
- Can provide leadership to the Paid Advertising team and agency as Single Grain develops and commercializes video content production as a service offering.
- People Leadership - As the leader of the largest team at Single Grain, this role is responsible for day to day management, team engagement and culture as well as the coaching and growth of more junior team members. This includes the ownership of the Paid Advertising Internship with demonstrated success of building talent internally.
- Delegation and effective time management - ensuring tasks are managed efficiently and automated wherever possible. Ensuring tasks are assigned at an appropriate level and operational risks managed accordingly. Make sure team workload is assigned fairly managing any risk of team member burnout.
- Agency Growth Pains - Proactively identify growth and operational issues within the agency and seek to find solutions to grow and manage with the team.
- Innovation and Experimentation - Proactively monitor external environment and be responsible for agency experimentation and the innovation.
- Financial performance - Monitor department performance and manage gross profit to acceptable levels at all times. Responsible for the ROI and then growth of current accounts.
- Agency leadership - This role forms part of the Agency Leadership Team and participates in all leadership meetings and quarterly off-sites. Contributes to agency overall business strategy and the role Paid Advertising has in agency growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Advertising or similar
- 5+ Years digital marketing experience with deep expertise in Paid Advertising and Paid Social platforms
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading teams of up to 20 people
- Experience in client facing roles essential and preferably previous agency experience
- Demonstrated ability to strategize and run successful ad campaign across multiple platforms and deliver real commercial outcomes
- Digital marketing systems skills (Facebook, Adwords, YouTube, DashThis, etc…)
- Ability to build and communicate complex data to clients in an engaging way
- Microsoft Office tools and highly computer literate
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive people issues
- Ability to engage and inspire team to greater performance targets
- Ability to work Autonomously and Remotely
- Values behavior that is ethical and integral
- Detail oriented, excellent follow through ability to deliver multiple tasks and priorities
- Can manage performance through team members and can have difficult conversations when required
- Calm under pressure
- Motivated self starter
To be considered for this role, you must include 'PPC is cool' at the top of your cover letter - it's how we know that you've read the job ad ;)
If you ask us, the greatest benefit of this role is being part of the growth and development of some of the smartest minds in marketing and working with some brilliant clients.
On top of that, you can expect:
- Flexibility to work from home two days a week
- Hard work needs a generous PTO policy, we got you covered!
- When in the office; a daily breakfast, snacks, onsite fitness room, modern offices only blocks from the metro station and parking stations
- Health, dental and optical insurance fully paid
- and of course, a market competitive remuneration package