Head of Growth / Performance Marketing
Après – Head of Growth / Performance Marketing
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Après is a venture-backed, digital-first beverage brand providing protein-based replenishment to the modern wellness consumer. Based in Los Angeles, Après is looking for future teammates that share our core values. We love working hard and collaborating to achieve lofty goals, while also having fun and living the life we promote through our brand (read: workout classes where we tap it back, jab-cross-hook, or push through high-intensity intervals . . . and happy hours where we can decompress while sipping on something sans-protein).
We are looking for a data-driven Head of Growth / Performance Marketing to help us meet and exceed our acquisition and growth targets in the Direct-to-Consumer channel. You will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for managing our time, resources, and budget to deliver rapid, cost-effective growth. In this role, you will have a clear and tangible impact on the company’s topline, the opportunity to quickly grow into a leadership role within the organization, and ultimately, the latitude to build and lead a team.
What: The Head of Growth / Performance Marketing will be responsible for the following –
- Identifying goals and target KPIs for DTC channel with management team
- Owning the overall performance of the channel – delivering to all goals and target KPIs and leading all efforts from strategic planning. The buck stops with you.
- Budgeting and resource allocation (including prioritizing and sequencing growth initiatives)
- Modeling and tracking attribution
- Developing strategy for and executing the following paid and unpaid digital marketing programs – paid partnerships (email, podcasts, etc), landing page buildouts, on-site CRO, on-site merchandising strategy and pricing
- Quarterbacking the following – paid social (with a consultant), email marketing (potentially with a consultant), SEM / SEO (with an existing team member or consultant), influencer and affiliate marketing (with interns)
- Eventually, helping build the performance / growth team
- Note: Potential to increase scope of responsibilities should candidate prove capable
Who: The ideal candidate is –
- Experienced (4-6 years minimum) in growing a DTC / ecomm consumer product brand
- Data-driven, process oriented, detail-minded, and creative in how she/he thinks about strategy, testing, and potential new sources of growth
- Goal-driven, motivated, and loves to hustle / “do the work” and get your hands dirty. This is not a role for someone that wants to point and delegate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Individually effective and able to deliver with little oversight / direction
- Brand-conscious and consumer empathetic – needs to “get” the brand and customer
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Compensation includes both salary + equity considerations
- Significant upside in role, step in and be a Day 1 leader