Head of Brand Marketing at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years.
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a seasoned and dynamic Head of Brand Marketing to design, lead and execute on strategies that amplify our brand in the market. This position will be responsible for developing Clutter’s brand voice and identity across various channels. This role works across the Marketing organization and cross-functionally with our Product and CX teams.
What you'll do:
- Act as a functional expert, ensuring consistency and high standards are met across all our collateral within our design systems and brand guidelines. Ensuring a singular brand message across all consumer touch points including web, paid media, product, offline media, live events, etc.
- Identify and implement strategies and tactics that enhance the brands’ equity, image and preference, drive online and offline traffic and conversion, all while enhancing loyalty, ratings, and recommendations.
- Lead the creative development for all of Clutter’s assets across copy, imagery, communications and digital design.
- Spearhead creative content marketing initiatives that build positive perception and momentum in each market, and drive incremental results for the business.
- Measure, track and assess Clutter’s content, and related channel strategy based on performance of assets and messaging.
- Own the refinement of our corporate narrative, messaging platforms, press releases, blogs, Q&As, speeches, editorials, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- A proven track record of success executing brand marketing campaigns across multiple channels to build brand awareness, grow brand affinity, and increase sales.
- Preferably has built a brand at best in class DTC company that primarily acquires their customers digitally and then moved into physical/retail locations.
- Demonstrated ability to make a complex story relevant and accessible. Can define and communicate Clutter’s purpose and value proposition to customers from a range of backgrounds and preferences.
- Comfortable building a brand from scratch in-house and differentiating a business in a commoditized industry.
- Brings a deep understanding of effective positioning, brand architecture, and brand voice.
- Proficiency writing creative briefs, and working with both internal and external creative resources.
- Ideally has spent a some/part of their career at a best-in-class consumer oriented brand or agency.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.