Event Marketing & Sponsorships Manager
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Our industry tradeshows, events and sponsorships play a key role in engaging our customers in the mission and demonstrate the value of Apeel to their business. The Tradeshow & Events Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of Apeel’s customer-facing event marketing and sponsorships. As a key member of the marketing team, you will also work cross-functionally to plan, execute and track the ROI of our global events calendar. You will bring new ideas to uniquely position the Apeel brand and create meaningful business interactions at events ranging from large international tradeshows, with highly customized and interactive exhibits, to more intimate regional trade shows with smaller format booth displays. You will also help create Apeel-owned event programs such as industry summits, customer training and customer engagement events.
What You’ll Do
- Manage event and sponsorship execution from start to finish: Work closely with cross-functional teams on all event deliverables such as creative design, product demonstrations, sales collateral, pre/on-site/post promotion and more.
- Coordinate all related logistics including product shipping, onsite build and tear down, team housing accommodations, meeting and booth staff schedules, training, pre-planning meetings and post-show reporting.
- Audit the industry event landscape and work with Sales, Marketing and Product to understand business priorities by market, and channel to develop the annual event marketing and sponsorships strategy.
- Publish the annual event and sponsorships plan including objectives, audience definition, activations, timelines, budgets and KPIs.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with key trade event organizers and third- party vendors such as exhibit houses.
- Build and monitor events and sponsorships budget. Negotiate event and sponsorship contracts and fees.
- Identify ways to responsibly source trade show build materials and print collateral to make Apeel’s event footprint as sustainable as possible.
What You Bring
- An undeniable passion for creating event experiences that leave an impactful impression and ignite brand buzz.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience in corporate event, trade show and/or experiential marketing — CPG or Technology industry experience a plus (in house or at an experiential / event marketing agency).
- Proven track record of assuming ownership of a plan, driving teams and delivering upon event and sponsorship objectives to create ROI.
- A "roll-up-your-sleeves", effective attitude in a young organization. Agile enough to be strategic and hands-on enough to ensure execution of strategy.
- Outstanding communication skills. A collaborative style that demonstrates confidence, assertiveness, sound judgment. The ability to quickly develop relationships and generate trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Unquestionable integrity, curiosity, energy and a sense of urgency are traits we’re looking for in this role.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.