Inc. 500 CMO Seeks “Top 10%” Email Marketing Specialist for Hyper-Growth Food Tech Company Ranked as One of LA’s “Best Places to Work”
Dear Email Marketing Manager,
I’m looking for a top 10% email marketing specialist who has proven experience ideating, sequencing, writing, implementing in marketing automation tools, and tracking B2C and B2B email campaigns, nurture sequences, abandon cart sequences, and other email marketing tactics/strategies that drive engagement, generate leads, build brand, and grow revenue.
If that’s you, this will be the most important “job ad” you’ll read this year (and likely for some years to come).
Why? Actually, there are three reasons:
1) Riding in a rocket ship is fun. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in America and you’ll have a unique opportunity to apply your email marketing experience to a platform that has already gained significant momentum in the marketplace. You’ll have levers to pull.
2) The work is fulfilling. Our products and services help make the world a better place and our culture encourages people to become the best version of themselves. You’ll be challenged to do the best work of your life, which will create lasting impact in the world.
3) You’ll receive transformative mentorship. We can help you become a better marketer, a better leader. SnackNation Alumni have gone on to start businesses, successful podcasts, thriving consultancies, and land exciting new roles that were previously out of reach. If you seek mentorship and guidance, we’ll help you become the person you’ll need to become to achieve your personal and professional goals.
As Email Marketing Manager, you’ll be a key player in our growing email marketing and marketing automation team while being in charge of multiple new and exciting initiatives we have planned for both our B2C and B2B businesses.
Who am I?
I’m a digital marketer, serial entrepreneur, and combat-decorated U.S. Naval Officer who led a Special Forces fast-boat team in the Iraq War. I’m also the Co-Founder & CMO of SnackNation.
Before I get into the specifics of the role, here’s a little more about us…
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. At SnackNation, we care about making a positive impact on the world, starting with our wellness-minded culture and values. And we’re growing! In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing US companies of 2018, and #2 in the Food & Beverage category.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. We even offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. Plus, we've got the accolades to back it up: We’re Great Places To Work Certified and named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures!
If you're a wellness-loving professional who wants to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of our driven company culture, join us. We promise to help you find your better you, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work in our booming CPG space.
More about the role…
1) THIS IS NOT A “STANDARD” EMAIL MARKETING ROLE.
This is a “roll up your sleeves,” get involved, and create massive value type of role. You’ll be in charge of advancing our email marketing and marketing automation programs and will be expected to drive real results based on clearly defined KPIs.
2) DIRECT RESPONSE MARKETING VS. “BRANDING.” You’ll need to have a very clear understanding of the differences here. Many of our email programs are centered around direct response where exact measurement of revenue-generating KPIs is critical. Other email programs will be centered around brand with different KPIs.
3) WE’RE FUN AND YOU SHOULD BE, TOO.
The first thing you'll notice about us is our unique culture, super-fun office environment, and positive family spirit. We like to infuse fun in much of what we do…it just makes pursuing your passions that much more…well…fun!
4) RARE OPPORTUNITY.
This type of opportunity rarely comes around in life. We’re uniquely positioned to step on the gas with a product-market fit that already has traction in the market. You just need to know how to step on the gas! This is a dream job for the right individual who has a natural curiosity to learn new things, a strong work ethic, and an unwavering hustle to make it happen.
5) PASSIONATE ABOUT MARKETING & LIFE-LONG LEARNER.
You have a burning desire to be amazing at email marketing and marketing in general. You love learning about marketing and business. You understand that the most successful marketers are self-taught and learn by reading books & blogs, listening to podcasts, and seeking out education on their own.
6) MUST BE A HIGH ACHIEVER.
You must be a high-achiever who is constantly striving to step up your game and get better in the field of Marketing. This position is not for someone who wants a "cushy" marketing job. This is a rare opportunity for you to be a part of something bigger than yourself to help build something amazing while helping others with a product (healthier snacks) that truly helps people in the world.
7) WE HIRE CHARACTERS NOT POSITIONS. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you have a positive mindset, are nice to other people, and care deeply about your work - then you'll fit in well at our company. We find that the most successful individuals in our organization have both their heads and their hearts in the right place.
Even more about this role…
What You'll Do:
- Own the day-to-day execution of B2C and B2B email campaigns including building, scheduling, testing, deploying, and reporting
- Review, revise, and improve the current email marketing program for our B2C business
- Communicate directly with SnackNation’s internal teams, providing results / recommending actions, and identify all opportunities for growth as it relates to email marketing KPIs
- Lead the creation of email lifecycles and workflows, such as drip campaigns and nurture sequences, and use engagement data to optimize for the success of that campaign
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive email testing strategy for email quality (think links, images, consumption platform, etc.), optimal conversion, delivery times, cadence, email design, messaging, content, and personalization
- Build and manage internal email calendar to ensure that all requests are created, updated, and scheduled - as well as managing ad-hoc email requests
- Work with the creative team to ensure that all emails adhere to SnackNation branding guidelines
- Lead our email marketing A/B split testing and segmentation programs
- Manage our email marketing database and ensure that our incoming data is of the highest quality, as well as clean this database regularly
- Track and analyze quantifiable performance of creative, content and audience segments to achieve customer acquisition and conversion goals
- Develop comprehensive reports detailing all email marketing KPIs (delivery, opens, clicks, conversions, revenue, and unsubscribes, and more)
Some Preferred "Nice to Haves":
- B2B marketing automation experience: Marketo, Hubspot, or Pardot (we currently use Marketo )
- B2C marketing automation experience (we currently use Klaviyo)
- Design experience (Adobe CC)
- HTML/CSS knowledgeCopy writing/editing experience
- Project management experience
- Understanding of demand generation, lead lifecycle, and lead nurturing
- Experience working with nurture streams
- Experience working with lead scoring models
- Experience working with a CRM (Salesforce preferably)
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in email marketing and marketing automation tools such as Marketo and Klaviyo.
- Creativity and initiative solving problems
- Results focused and good at driving KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Team player
- Persistence, persistence, persistence
- Incredibly organized and detail oriented
- Great personality who is fun to work with and displays positive attitude/energy
- Down-to-earth, fun, and has a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- You’re mentally and emotionally ready to take the next step, to get to the “next level” of your marketing career. SnackNation is a place of immense personal growth. You need to be committed to the process and excited to work hard for a worthy cause – the betterment of you personally and the hundreds of thousands (and soon to be millions) of people SnackNation positively affects.
- Your compensation package will be commensurate with your experience. Includes competitive base salary and performance bonus tied to agreed upon KPIs.
HOW TO APPLY No exceptions - in order to apply please provide the following: 1) Write a COVER LETTER: a) Why do you think you’ll make a phenomenal Email Marketing Specialist at SnackNation? b) What one professional failure did you learn the most from and why? c) On a scale from 1-10, how weird are you and why? 2) Submit cover letter and resume according to instructions on page. If you make it to Round 2, you'll receive explicit instructions on next steps. That's it! I look forward to seeing your cover letter and resume. Happy Snacking, Andy MackensenCo-Founder & CMO, SnackNation