As the Director of Retention Marketing, you will have a unique opportunity to work with the Inspire leadership team to develop an omni-channel retention strategy and deploy marketing tactics that increase member loyalty and satisfaction. You will develop world-class activation and retention campaigns across channels such as in-app, email, SMS, on-site, direct mail, telemarketing, etc.
THE DIRECTOR, RETENTION MARKETING HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Retention Strategy & Roadmap: Working with marketing department leaders, develop strategies across channels to increase loyalty and maximize retention of existing members, while integrating product-specific goals.
Lifecycle Offer & Targeting Design: Work with cross-functional teams including Commercial Strategy and Data Analytics to develop retention/winback offers that pull available levers of pricing, customer incentives/rewards, messaging and creative design to optimize response rates. Identify and track most impactful events that drive attrition, and design trigger-based communications that reach each audience with the optimal message/offer.
Campaign Execution: Manage day-to-day implementation of marketing campaigns across channels, including offer setup, creative development, tracking setup, training / internal communications and any other aspect required to flawlessly deploy tactics.
Analysis and Reporting: Work with cross-functional team to define requirements for new reports (if needed) or work with available tools such as Tableau to effectively analyze each campaign’s performance and recommend actionable insights. Maintain timely reporting and effectively communicate across organization as needed.
Vendor Management: Act as point of contact for third party service providers (e.g., Customer.io, Twilio) to effectively manage retention and loyalty campaigns. Provide clear direction of services required, and hold each party accountable for meeting expected deliverables.
SOME EXPECTED 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Develop 2020 Retention strategy and corresponding tactical roadmap
- Launch new communications and offers across multiple channels to optimize engagement in the first 90 days of member onboarding, as well as meeting targeted increase in retention rate
- Launch new communications across multiple channels to optimize the entire lifecycle of the member’s journey, to support increases in retention rate and NPS
- Launch new communications and offers across multiple channels to optimize cross-sell and up-sell of products and features (working closely with Product Marketing)
- Develop retention scoreboard with reporting by channel and tactic that informs go-forward strategy
- Flawless execution of campaigns that increase membership retention vs prior period
- Growth from new channel tactics that increase membership retention vs prior period
- Campaigns that “win back” canceling members, meeting targeted percentage of Inspire product mix
- Increase in cross-sell/upsell rates of new products and features
- Meticulously organized - ability to keep a large amount of details organized, as each campaign will have nuances by channel/product, along with a long list of required tasks and due dates to successfully execute a tactic
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - ability to build relationships across all areas of the organization and clearly communicate retention goals to help motivate support from the required team members
- Strong written communication skills - ability to effectively communicate internally with colleagues across all mediums (email, Slack, etc.), and ability to copywrite and proofread marketing collateral
- Creative thinking - ability to constantly look for new ideas, both inside and outside of energy industry, and ability to engage colleagues in effective brainstorming that’s fun and leads to a consensus on what new offers to test
- Must Have
- 8+ years of marketing experience with demonstrated success of deploying tactics across multiple channels
- 2+ years of CRM, loyalty or retention marketing experience
- Successful end-to-end implementation of marketing campaigns with hands-on management of execution details
- Experience with email campaign management tools
- Cross-channel marketing experience (SMS, Email, In-App, etc.)
- Experience executing A/B testing of offer components including pricing, customer incentives, messaging and creative design to optimize response rates
- Experience developing reports and analyzing data to recommend actionable insights
- Strong cross-functional relationship skills to move projects forward internally
- Proficiency in standard MS Office / Google software (PPT/Slides, Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets) and familiarity with reporting software such as Tableau
- Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience with systems/tools used by Customer Service to integrate and track retention offers
- Experience leading external service providers
- Has worked in the energy industry, preferably at a retail supplier
- Experience in complex regulatory environment such as energy or financial services
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment
- Experience in acquisition marketing
- B2C product marketing experience