Director, Product Marketing at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:21 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Tinder started on a college campus in 2012 and broke down the barriers - geographic, historic, cultural - that limit who we meet. We went from 1 swipe to 1 billion swipes a day, in 2 years. No technology grows that fast unless it fills a powerful, unmet human need. Today, Tinder is the world’s most popular app for meeting new people. The app is available in 190 countries, and 40+ languages, it’s been downloaded more than 450 million times and led to 60 billion matches, and is the highest-grossing non-gaming app globally. There’s never been a more exciting time to be at Tinder. We are on a course to redefine the way young people meet and connect today, if you would like to be a part of that, keep reading.
Director of Product Marketing
Location: LA/SF preferred
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing to lead product marketing strategy and execution. At the intersection of marketing, brand, and product, you’ll own a go-to-market strategy for new product features, develop feature positioning & branding, and collaborate with global product and marketing teams to drive app growth and feature adoption.
This is a perfect role for someone results-oriented and collaborative with an intuitive understanding of how to balance brand, business, and UX needs to get results. We’re looking for someone that can develop new processes and ways of working cross-functionally with marketing, product, comms, and insights to help us scale growth and elevate our in-app brand experience. This highly cross-functional role will report to the Sr Director of Global Marketing based in New York, but will primarily work with a West-Coast (LA) based team.
In this role you will:
- Own global go-to-market strategy to drive new feature adoption, including:
- Partner with brand, product, and creative teams to develop product feature strategy, including naming, positioning, and content.
- Collaborate with global marketing & CRM teams to develop and execute marketing strategies that drive feature adoption both in and out of the app.
- Build new processes to strengthen collaboration and coordination between the product, localization, and global marketing teams.
- Act as the voice of the customer and a strong brand steward throughout the new feature and new content development process.
- Elevate in-app branding: Find new ways of communicating brand values and brand personality within the app, working closely with product, CRM, brand, DEI, and creative teams.
- Partner with insights and analytics teams to build a deeper customer understanding and audience segmentation.
- Work closely with the product growth team to develop a roadmap for marketing tech feature development.
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years+ of experience working in product marketing, leading full-funnel go-to-market strategies, preferably in consumer tech and mobile apps
- Ability to get results in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- A proactive, results-oriented spirit who can pair thoughtful critical thinking with strong, project management skills
- Experience developing and implementing new streamlined cross-functional processes
- Shown ability to deliver well-branded, delightful customer experiences and marketing strategies that drive business growth
- Passion for the customer, able to advocate for customer needs and develop customer segmentation
- Excellent leadership, influencing, and communication skills, with an ability to express high-level concepts efficiently and optimally to a wide range of audiences
- Highly collaborative and creative. Capable of leading cross-functional teams (especially product, marketing, and creative teams) to produce innovative solutions
- Proficiency with key business and marketing analytics
- Experience working with dispersed global teams is a plus. You should expect to work primarily West Coast hours but will need to accommodate global meeting times from time to time (especially EMEA and APAC).
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.