Director, Product Marketing at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
About The Role:
We’re seeking a marketing leader to own the go-to-market plan for Honey Products. Honey is in the business of creating innovative and free software products to help members save money via delivering them with user-friendly technology and supporting our customers (who we call members) with easy to use desktop and mobile products. You’ll build a differentiated, defensible positioning for our product offering and craft marketing to communicate it effectively. This is a highly cross-functional role, both within our Marketing team and the cross-functional teams including product and revenue teams.
What You'll Do:
- Represent the member and non-member and market (including customer journey and target personas/segments) generated from consumer and data insights
- Build the product positioning, value proposition, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategy
- Conduct research to identify consumer insights around life events and shopping behavior. Use these insights to create a compelling narrative and shape the customer journey for Honey
- Work with marketing channel owners (SEM, SEO, Direct Mail, Social, TV, Partnerships, etc) and the creative team to optimize the channel mix and deliver breakthrough campaigns that boost awareness and acquisition
- Own setting and achieving customer acquisition targets and supporting marketing budgets in partnership with the marketing channel owners and finance
- Work with Product Management to create a seamless experience, removing pain points and boosting conversion. Be your customers’ advocate. Identify opportunities in the customer journey for growth
- Understand and report on changes to the broader market context including market shifts and external factors
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years relevant marketing experience, preferably in consumer product marketing, with quantifiable revenue responsibility
- Strategy and Execution: Combine strategic thinking with tactical execution to drive customer acquisition through diverse channels
- Customer Research: Conduct quantitative and qualitative customer research and distilling it into actionable insights
- Analytics: Use data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Storytelling: Passion for crafting a compelling story that drives people to action
- Self-Starting: Eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done (even the unglamourous things)
- Flexibility: Problem-solve in a fast-paced, self-driven environment
- Finance: Healthy understanding of money
- Growth: Proven track record of building budgets and programs that support efficient growth
- MBA preferred
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.