Director, Product Marketing
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Our platform enables ad buyers to create, manage, and optimize data-driven digital advertising campaigns across all channels, including connected TV. We offer unparalleled audience scale and reach, evaluating nearly nine million queries across the internet every second. It is the unique combination of the power of our platform and the expertise of our people that puts our customers in a position to succeed.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Product Marketing Director and their team sit at the nexus of customer needs, the technology roadmap, competitive environment and the organization’s go-to-market activities. Product Marketing works closely with Product Management, Sales, and Account Management to communicate the product vision and differentiation. Working with Marketing, the Product Marketing Director collaboratively develops strategy and go-to-market plans for all products. This role develops strategy, along with their direct reports, for product positioning in-market, life-cycle management, and competitive analysis across the portfolio. This role will is a global role, driving localization and customization as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Proven ability to coach, lead, manage, and inspire a high-performing, fast-paced, results-oriented team in San Francisco.
- Work with Product Management, Client Services and Sales to identify customer needs, key product enhancements, and new products.
- Proven ability to build global go-to-market strategies and plans, then execute with a large multi-functional marketing organization.
- Ability to support your team throughout the go-to-market process: developing clear KPIs, managing & building insight-driven product marketing strategies that inform the go-to-market tactics, tracking campaign performance and reporting ROI back to senior management.
- Be the "one-stop-shop" to the business for information on product, target market, competitors, and customers.
- Ability to simplify complex subject matter into clear, jargon-free marketing.
- Inspire creativity in the team to engage with our audiences in new, unique ways.
- Understand broader market trends, our users & be the expert on competition.
- Play an active role in the continual assessment of competitive landscape; support in development and refinement of competitive positioning.
- Ensure that the team is focused, works effectively, collaboratively and creatively while supporting overall business objectives with necessary marketing materials.
- Manage the process of gaining customer feedback to obtain competitive and market insights that can shed light on customer needs and inform key product enhancements and new products
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 10-12 years global marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and coach a team.
- Deep understanding of the B2B advertising/marketing technology space or product marketing experience for a mid to large-sized SaaS technology organization.
- Demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies and life-cycle management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into competitive, compelling marketing messages.
- Ability to drive communication processes and work effectively across global cross-functional teams.
- Is hands-on and committed to exceptional output.