Director, Product Marketing at Procore Technologies
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will lead a small, talented team to increase awareness as well as the preference for Procore solutions in key target markets. You will work across the organization to ensure Procore’s product portfolio is positioned, priced, packaged and promoted to achieve corporate objectives for each target market.
You will be responsible for the success of Procore's portfolio of products in specific markets. You will create and maintain marketing plans for each market and orchestrate execution across internal departments. You will identify key personas, understand their challenges and map Procore’s products to solve them. You will enable sales and marketing by creating messaging documents, sales tools and communications, collateral, web site content, and thought leadership materials. For new products and capabilities, you will drive comprehensive product launch planning, coordination and communication. Plus, you will gather and communicate market feedback to the relevant internal departments.
This position requires close interaction with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, PR and other groups within the company. Duties include presenting quarterly reviews and plans, converting technical positioning into key market messages, enabling sales and launching the product portfolio to target markets. As a resident expert on target market personas and challenges, you will use your subject matter expertise to develop high-impact sales and marketing strategies which clearly differentiate Procore’s product portfolio in the marketplace.
What you'll also do:
- Lead a small, talented team of target market-focused product marketers.
- Develop comprehensive marketing, launch, and promotion plans for each market.
- Serve as internal and external expert and market intelligence leader in the field.
- Develop and manage the product portfolio’s positioning, marketing messages, and collateral including presentations, lead-generation deliverables, and web site content.
- Support marketing campaigns and promotions including seminars, customer briefings, trade shows, and events.
- Identify and manage the creation of customer stories, case studies, value statement and testimonials.
- Identify topics that will resonate with customers and work with a cross-functional team of writers and designers to create content.
- Research the competitive landscape, clarify our differentiation, strengths/weaknesses, positioning and sales objection handling.
- Work with the event marketing team to increase visibility at conferences as well as speak at events as a representative of the portfolio.
- Assist with sales training on product positioning – ensure all sales members can internalize and clearly communicate our product positioning and message.
- Develop sales collateral for the sales team by taking a leadership role in pitch deck development and creation of a custom ‘kit’ of materials including presentations, product one sheets and web pages.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years experience in software product or industry marketing for B2B SaaS solutions.
- Solid marketing expertise, including launch strategy and execution, positioning, pricing and packaging. Experience with lead generation strategy and tactics.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Able to create high quality presentations in Google Slides.
- Analytic as well as creative mindset.
- Exceptional writing, editorial skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Comfortable with deadlines. Attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of establishing credibility with key customers, prospects, business partners, sales, customer support and development.
- Proven track record of results and demonstrated career progression.
- Experience managing marketing teams including hiring, managing performance and developing skill set of direct reports desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in business, economics or a related field); MBA preferred.
Procore Technologies exists to improve the lives of everyone in construction. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.