Director, Paid Social
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Director of Paid Social to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
Why You Should Work With Us:
Honey’s biggest investment is in its people. We are a company that’s constantly striving to nurture & celebrate a culture of transparency, respect, and empowerment. We offer comprehensive health benefits, 401K matching, career-boosting opportunities to help all employees thrive. At Honey, you will get to experience the fast-paced excitement of a startup with support from seasoned industry leaders.
About The Role:
With the launch of Honey’s long-awaited mobile app, we are looking for a data-oriented and strategic Director of Paid Social who is experienced in mobile app acquisition. This person will report to and work closely with the Sr. Director of Growth to lead and build innovative acquisition campaigns that will drive efficient growth at scale. You will have a proven track record delivering results in the mobile space, with the ability to lead a team, develop strategy from scratch, sell big ideas internally and externally, multi-task and prioritize, & have a drive for testing, learning, and making insight-driven decisions. Ultimately, you will be responsible for scaling Honey’s efforts on social and mobile. You will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices for the team.
What You’ll Do:
As the Director of Paid Social, you will:
Media Strategy & Execution
- Own key mobile app & desktop user acquisition channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Reddit, and Pinterest
- Develop short-term & long-term user acquisition strategies with a multi-million dollar budget that will deliver on performance goals while supporting brand goals
- Set sub-department KPIs and goals & develop annual and quarterly channel strategies & initiatives
- Develop a culture of testing & experimentation across all user acquisition channels
- Proactively seek out emerging platforms, add new opportunities to our portfolio of channels & open up additional avenues for growth that will make a clear impact to the overall business
Cross-Functional Leading & Collaboration
- Coach the social team in relentless optimization of campaigns, spend, and media mix
- Work across internal teams such as product, analytics, engineering, as well as external teams such as agencies and partners to maximize your team’s output
- Effectively communicates with the internal creative team to inspire them with thought-starters & actionable insights to hit performance metrics and level-up the team as a whole
Measurement & Reporting
- Lead the measurement & optimization of the mobile app & desktop funnel
- Report on findings to share across growth team for improved performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, or a related field
- 6+ years in a hands-on role strategically planning and executing paid social campaigns
- Significant experience managing mobile UA campaigns across Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat and ad networks
- Proficient knowledge of unit economics (i.e. LTV/CAC)
- Have owned and successfully deployed a multi-million dollar marketing budget
- Excellent performance marketing & creative instincts with a track record of driving new ideas & concepts, and pioneering new approaches within your company
- An aptitude for developing insights-driven campaigns
- Keen eye for compelling and innovative content
- A passion for continuous improvement - you consistently challenge the status quo in an effort to optimize current strategies & processes
- High attention to detail, expert analytical skills, comfortable validating large amounts of data
- Strong people management skills - you have the ability to build, motivate, and lead a high-functioning team while inspiring them to perform at the highest level of excellence
- Innate willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.