Director, Media Relations
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world. As a member of our Communications team, you will play a pivotal role in Tinder’s expansion into key geographic markets. We are looking for a Director of Media Relations to help lead and execute our earned media efforts across the globe. If you are strategic, analytical and results-driven—if you’re energized by the challenge of telling Tinder’s story to a diverse global market—we want to hear from you.
In this role you will:
- Act as a media relations expert and leader within the team, working to tell the Tinder story across a wide array of media verticals
- Foster and maintain top media relationships at 8-10 key outlets to support message pull-through and ownable storytelling for the brand
- Keep in consistent contact with reporters to convert them into Tinder friendlies / insiders
- Travel in-market where top media are based to maintain in-person relationships and facilitate / staff media deskside tours
- Secure media attendance and coverage around events and activations to extend reach
- Develop media strategies that will be executed both internally and externally through agency partners
- Create compelling materials that will support earned coverage conversion across verticals, including press releases, media pitches, spokesperson quotes, key messaging and briefing / background documents
- Inspire and manage junior staff as it relates to storytelling at Tinder
- Work with multiple business units to create compelling stories, including research & insights, business development, marketing and social media, content and influencer marketing
- Support all media relations verticale at Tinder, including consumer, corporate, issues management, product and executive thought leadership
We're looking for:
- At least 8-10 years of experience in leading global strategic communication teams in the consumer and technology sector, with experience running thought leadership initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, or a related field is required.
- Strong roster of relationships and contacts with the media across a wide array of verticals (broadcast, print, online, etc.).
- Strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent writer/communicator.
- Substantial experience dealing with senior executives and ability to make strategic and succinct presentations to leadership.
- Passionate about communications and about consumer empowerment.
- A positive can-do attitude about maintaining a leadership position for the company.
The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location