Director of Marketing at Munchkin, Inc. (Greater LA Area, CA)
Who we are:
Munchkin is the most creative and innovative baby and toddler consumer product company in the world. Founded in 1991, Munchkin has sold billions of dollars of products through our key retail partners: Target, Walmart and Amazon and has global distribution in over 30 countries. Our mission is simple: we want to be the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world.
After 30 years as the most loved baby lifestyle brand, Munchkin is launching a new adult brand, Curio. With modern and cutting-edge design, Curio will appeal to trend seekers who thrive discovering new intuitive designs and appreciate form, function and fashion. At Munchkin, we make world class, award-winning products. This is an opportunity to join one of the most exciting and innovative consumer product companies in America.
What we are looking for:
The Director of Marketing of Curio will be a passionate and creative leader with experience in all facets of marketing, to include developing a strategy for a new brand, category and product line, core competencies in digital marketing and e-commerce, and hands on experience in launching new products, both direct to consumer and retail.
This person must have a proven track record in running successful e-commerce businesses that maintained significant YOY growth by driving consumer acquisition and retention strategies. She/he has hired and developed teams across multiple consumer product categories. You must have excellent interpersonal skills that drive unified strategies and products. You are a data driven decision maker; able to bring order to a new initiative for the company. It is an exciting time to join the Munchkin team and drive enormous customer-centered value!
You will do:
- Establishes strategic marketing plans for new Curio brand and products to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Responsible for driving eCommerce revenue, acquisition and achieving channel profitability goals in order to hit targets and continue to drive channel goals.
- Create results and insights-driven marketing strategies that can be translated across direct-to-consumer (DTC), retail and owned social channels.
- Develop strategies for future growth through analyzing related categories and proposing line expansion opportunities for future development as well as lead planning and execution efforts to support the growth of Curio brand's DTC businesses.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share. Monitor category performance across eCommerce and Brick and Mortar retailers, identifying ways to grow share, improve set performance, drive reviews or fill gaps.
- Effectively persuades key stakeholders, including executives, retail buyers, and cross functional team members, of key ideas and strategies for your business. Strong presence and communication is key!
- Participates in key sales meetings with specialty, mass and eCommerce channels.
- Expands and grows new strategic categories thru new product launches. Identifies and facilitates possible new categories or products.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provides feedback for future product development.
- Develops and manages Curio marketing team and operating budget.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- MBA or equivalent; with 8 + years of related marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience developing brands using primarily alternative marketing vehicles (social media; channel marketing; etc.), 5+ years as an executive of a start-up, mid-sized or large company.
- Expert knowledge of D2C e-commerce understanding of what drives e-commerce sales and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite shopping experience
- Experience at developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics in new and competitive markets.
- Must be creative, resourceful and decisive with strong problem-solving and team/consensus building skills, able to manage multiple projects, meet/exceed deadlines and expectations, and adjust quickly and effectively to change and challenges.
- Experience managing teams and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong presentation skills for senior management and retailer presentations
We got you covered!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, wellness, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, bonuses, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role. We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world. We offer work-life balance benefits such as paid maternity and paternity leave and Half-day Friday’s all year around!
To learn more, visit us at www.munchkin.com.
Munchkin embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.