Director of Marketing
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead the company’s marketing and strategic planning for NEXT Trucking, ensuring that all marketing functions and activities are carefully aligned and support the company’s well-defined creative vision and direction.
- Grassroot, traditional marketing, including trade shows, events, print, broadcasting, outdoor and promotions
- Work in tandem with the Product Team to develop overarching digital marketing strategy and approach, inclusive of social media, SEO/SEM, email marketing and web development.
- Utilize and monitor promotions, advertising, media planning, consumer research, multi-tiered communications, traditional and social media tools and all other relevant marketing activities to reach various target audiences in the most effective manner possible.
- Working with Senior Management, develop and implement a long-term brand positioning, designed to increase incremental user counts.
- Play a central role in coordinating company’s resources in Operations, Purchasing, Product Development and Training to support brand positioning, advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Prioritize and oversee research initiatives to identify, translate and apply consumer behavioral feedback and market trends to implement effective promotions.
- Build and lead a small team of marketing professionals responsible for the successful execution of the company’s marketing plans and initiatives.
- Ensure marketing efforts translate into measurable financial results through increased customer visits and overall revenue growth.
- You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description
What you will need to be successful:
- BS in Marketing or Business, Communications or other related disciplines with an MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Strategic Start-up experience preferred
- Progressive executive career track in brand management and innovation, traditional marketing and digital media, promotions and communications.
- Experience balanced in strategic planning and execution - a keen ability to operate at a high level strategically with the energy to “roll up the sleeves” and ensure that the marketing plans are successfully implemented at the local and national level.
- Able to make informed business decisions; remain result-oriented when tracking the linkage between marketing techniques and measurable financial results.
- Preferred personal characteristics include a highly professional, positive attitude, self-motivated, flexible, ethical demeanor, and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel as necessary to support current and future growth.
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process. NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.