Director of Marketing, Growth at Jumpcut
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:25 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: CEO
Jumpcut is not just another ed tech company - we invest in people’s futures. With over 100 million individuals in America wanting to start their own small businesses, we’re providing a cohesive platform for digital entrepreneurs to actualize their dreams. We create courses for entrepreneurs on topics ranging from YouTube to startups, and for our best students, we invest in their companies and support them forever through our lifetime fellowship.
We made over $10M selling directly to consumers last year with an insanely scrappy marketing team. We need a highly creative and growth-minded Director of Marketing to take us to $100 million over the next 4 years. This person will own and scale our current user acquisition channels, while leading us into new opportunities to grow our customer reach.
The most important trait we’re looking for is someone who is passionate specifically about user acquisition (e.g. paid advertising), and wants to build a career scaling out a huge team at Jumpcut doing this. The main way that we help our best students from our courses through our Lifetime Fellowship is by running their paid marketing for them. You’re going to be building out that marketing infrastructure so that we can help hundreds of our students scale up their businesses. (Think of it as starting your own advertising agency.).
What You’ll Do
- Working with the CEO, scale out our user acquisition team from 6 to 50 over the next 2 years so that we can increase our paid traffic not only to Jumpcut, but all of the small businesses our students have created
- Lead high-volume experimentation on our current direct to consumer marketing channels, define and develop a scalable growth strategy based on findings
- Work with analytics team to measure performance of paid channels and campaigns against ROI and KPI goals
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns and promotions
- Play a key role in hiring and training a highly influential marketing team (including creatives, analysts, and user acquisition managers)
What You'll Need
- 4+ years experience in marketing leadership at a direct to consumer company
- Strong experience in direct response and performance marketing, with a focus on acquisition and an understanding of content
- Seasoned in creating, managing, optimizing, and maturing omni-channel campaigns and strategy (paid acquisition, organic social, SEO, email, etc.)
Who You Are
- You sign your name on it - Whatever it is that you’re working on, it should be the highest quality. Everything you create should reflect an extraordinary amount of effort, passion, and thought.
- You run into the wall - You aim for the difficult first, instead of avoiding it.
- You welcome bad ideas - We believe in something counterintuitive: good ideas come only from the accumulation of bad ones. The bad ideas spur more bad ideas, which spur slightly better ideas, and from there, sometimes…poof!
- You’re a barrel - The term “barrel” comes from Keith Rabois, who argued that there are two types of people: bullets and barrels. The ammunition is important, but what’s more important are the people who can aim them correctly.
- You help others grow - All of us “hold mirrors” up for each other, so that we can both see and fix our flaws. Direct and honest feedback has no equal.
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs, catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience. $140,000 - $190,000
Read Full Job Description