Director of Global Marketing
We need a leader that can bring together all the moving pieces of marketing that is not performance (digital based). They need to be someone who has experienced and managed brand, creative, ux/ui & think about everything with a strong data lens.
It is important to recognize that marketing voice and visual cue is heavily founder inspired and you need to have experience managing that relationship. The company is a challenging tightrope between many under-developed areas of marketing and some exceptionally detailed thinking around.
Why We Need This Role
We need someone to own brand, communications, content & visual experience across the company. We need a consistent voice across our business and a data driven way to drive omni channel customer acquisition. This role is also directly responsible for all content the company produces and content marketing strategies.
The leader needs to have a data driven approach to managing experimental/experiential strategies such as popup retail, boots on the ground as well as established event strategies.
Why You Should Join
This is a green-field role with lots of room to make your own; hiring the team you want to put in place and executing a global marketing mission that is irreverent and mindful.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Develop an Omni Channel Strategy for Key Accounts
- Create a programmatic marketing machine
- Build a Communication and Content Strategy
- Build a Gorilla physical marketing strategy
- Build a kickass marketing team
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken.
- Expertise in the art of highly memorable branding, communications strategies, and product marketing
- Deep experience creating exceptional user experience and user interfaces
- Creative aptitude to deliver beautiful visual experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, coach, and recruit for a strong design team to support companywide initiatives
- Use a data driven approach to develop qualitative and quantitative content performance goals, measure campaign performance, SEO, and provide key insights for web and social content
- Visionary of creative, scalable content strategies thoughtfully crafted for blogs, public relations, marketing, digital, and social media
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place