Director, Event Marketing
We’re looking for a Director of Events to join our Marketing team at our Carpinteria, CA headquarters! As a Director of Events, you’ll develop and run global strategy for all Procore public facing events for our customers, prospects, and partners across the globe. You’ll lead a dedicated and passionate team of Event Producers and Coordinators in the U.S., as well as oversee a global team.
As a Director of Events, you’ll own maintaining and evolving best practice processes, tools, and systems to support our business from proposal and development, through debrief and financial reconciliation of completed programs. You’ll leverage strategic, creative, and operational resources (internal and external), and identify technologies that will set our brand and program delivery apart from our competitors. You will be responsible for the following Procore events: Groundbreak, Impact Series, Empowerment Series, Roadshows, and Tradeshows.
We’re looking for a seasoned leader who will work across the leadership team to formulate and operationalize a global strategy to fit the market needs of each geography and segment. To be successful in this role, you have experience with a wide range of domestic and international shows/conferences, and are acclimated to coordinating with a wide range of internal stakeholders. You’re comfortable and have experience handling significant budgets, partnering with external agencies, production companies, and event organizers in order to deliver on time and on budget for each event. As thoughtful strategist, you have a high bar for quality, an eye for detailed execution, and a passion for organizing world-class experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manage the U.S. Events team and oversee the global Events team
- Develop and execute global event strategies that enable Procore’s growth across enterprise, mid-market and emerging segments, working closely with leadership and the Field Marketing team
- Work closely with sales and marketing leadership across the globe to build an end-to-end program to accelerate sales across field channels, including events and partnerships
- Manage and monitor event department budget, forecast for future events, and maintain communication with Event Producers and Coordinators surrounding expenses incurred for each event
- Lead all aspects of analyzing ROI, resource reinvestment, and prioritization. Work with the leadership team to establish and own OKRs and KPIs.
- Report on event ROI on a monthly basis to Marketing Leadership
- Work closely with department and creative leads, keeping them on track and delivering on-schedule
- Collaborate daily with teams across Procore, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Biz Dev, and beyond
- Strengthen the Procore brand through events
- Develop event efficiencies and workflows to streamline workload for the team
- Coordinate event logistics including contract negotiation, registration and attendee tracking, exhibitor relations, presentation and materials support, and scheduling of vendors
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Own attendance generation and event staffing efforts
- Flexibility to handle multiple events on the same day/week from small luncheons to large meetings and parties
- Travel to events to ensure their success by setting up, supporting Procore teams attending, and being able to speak knowledgeably about the product
- Manage, develop and mentor team of Event Producers and Coordinators
What we’re looking for:
- 10 to 15 years of experience in relevant corporate event planning and/or marketing
- 8+ years managing teams with multiple members across the globe
- Deep background in events of all magnitudes; driven by metrics
- Strong understanding of B2B and SaaS purchasing behavior is a plus
- Strategic thinker/planner with the ability to be detailed when necessary
- Skilled at building, leading, and growing high-performing teams
- Decisive with a strong work ethic; energetic leader
- Articulate and thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- Experience leading a team of event professionals, collaborating with cross functional teams and bringing new ideas to the table that reach beyond traditional events
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone, with high level of professionalism
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office, Google Applications, and mail merges; email and web searches
- Flexibility and creativity would also be excellent for this role
- Bachelor’s degree
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.