Director, Corporate Communications
At ZestFinance, we’re changing the way finance works, from how people borrow money to the way that credit decisions are made. Our ZAML platform is used by some of the world's largest companies to transform their credit businesses. We are looking for a VP of Marketing to help us with our next phase of growth and to lead, develop and grow all aspects of marketing.
ZestFinance is seeking a director of corporate communications to drive overall communications strategy and execution—both internally and externally—and to build on ZestFinance’s success as a leader in the data management, machine learning and analytics markets. The successful candidate will be equally skilled in media relations, customer advocacy, analyst relations, and executive communications, and is a creative thinker who can quickly distill a sophisticated story to multiple audiences.
This is a key leadership position responsible for creating and evolving the company’s narrative to promote our vision and strategic priorities. This person will have the opportunity to re-shape and elevate our corporate communications position and will work across the company to increase and amplify the voice to all stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Build and execute a targeted communications strategy that will help build on ZestFinance’s story and increase brand awareness and affinity
- Create PR messaging and materials, including press releases, blog posts and keynote presentations to support announcements, campaigns, and speaking engagements, as needed
- Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with top tier, technology and innovation press to communicate business objectives
- Engage with senior executives to promote industry-leading initiatives, and increase the overall positive industry awareness for the company through executive visibility programs, including speaking opportunities.
- Assess our current internal communications, then recommend and implement tools and techniques to improve
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree; Minimum 10 years public relations/communications experience
- Agency and in-house experience, particularly in tech and startups, strongly preferred. Experience in a B2B environment is a plus
- Experience working directly with reporters, editors, industry analysts and thought leaders
- Demonstrated ability to design and rollout a communications strategy and drive execution through project and stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative, especially in the down cycles between announcements
- Stellar writing and editing skills – strategic communications plan development, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, executive briefing documents
- Excellent persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with yoga, salsa, and other employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.