Director of Communications
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is currently seeking a Director of Communications to focus on internal and external communications for the company. The ideal candidate will possess strong management, organizational and writing skills along with media relationships across entertainment and business press. Prior communications or public relations experience a must.
UMe is the catalog and special markets entity for UMG. Working with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, opportunities in new technologies and an emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives to engage all types of consumers across multiple entry points and platforms. As an industry leader, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team and continue to drive our company forward.
- Responsible for creating and communicating artist-driven narratives and business strategies for UMe.
- Build and maintain key media relationships for the company and keep informed of all current industry news.
- Prioritize media opportunities and create assets including press releases, internal communication and other supporting materials.
- Lead executive profile strategy including speaking opportunities, conferences, awards, etc., for UMe's leadership.
- Work to find new opportunities to elevate the company's profile through artist campaigns and initiatives, special projects and events.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of all media, social media and content creation.
- Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in communications or public relations is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or other related field.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.