The Director of Communications & Public Relations will manage all internal and external communications efforts for the organization. Reporting to the Vice President, Brand & Comms, the Director of Communications & Public Relations lead the development and implementation of all earned media efforts to drive brand awareness, build brand credibility and drive investability.
THE DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS HAS SEVEN MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage corporate reputation and thought leadership efforts across all key stakeholders groups including media, investors and employees.
- Oversee all earned media opportunities in partnership with external agency to deliver relevant and timely placements.
- Actively monitoring media opportunities to join the narrative and to manage crisis situations accordingly.
- Oversee corporate speaking and awards strategy.
- Overseeing and developing a variety of press releases and presentations.
- Partner with People team on employment brand and communications, partnerships, paid media, and blog content.
- Manage relationships, deliverables and budgets of all associated external agency partners.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Development and delivery of comprehensive national brand and product communications campaign
- Finalize external facing corporate narrative
- Submit, manage and communicate all corporate awards efforts
- Manage executive speaking efforts to meet stated goals and objectives
- Media placements
- Media impressions
- Brand awareness
- Awards received
- Speaking engagements secured
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in public relations, communications or journalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive media relations experience
- Familiarity with sustainability and/or climate change issues, positions and trends
- Engagement and stakeholder experience
- Bachelor’s degree