Digital Rights Administrator
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG's Digital Rights Administration team is dedicated to monitoring and monetizing content on digital platforms. We are currently seeking eager and exceptional new hires to focus exclusively on managing UMG assets on YouTube. The team's goal is to maximize value from the rights of UMG's recording artists in the digital space through content claiming.
- Establish an in-depth understanding of YouTube's Content Management System ("CMS") and its relation to the protection and exploitation of UMG music on YouTube
- Increase advertising revenue by exploring YouTube for popular User Generated Content ("UGC") and claiming videos that incorporate UMG recordings
- Manage and assess the accuracy of sound recording-related data in CMS
- Review videos that have been automatically claimed as UMG property by YouTube's Content ID system and determine the accuracy of those claims
- Track uses of the UMG catalogue and take appropriate steps to evaluate and take action on any infringing videos
- Work with UMG repertoire owners, distributed labels to guarantee the satisfactory use of their recordings, as well as with third-parties to resolve claim disputes and ownership conflicts
- Field inquiries from YouTube users regarding unauthorized exploitations of UMG content and provide detailed rationale explaining the removal of any user-uploaded video
- Communicate with other rights holders to resolve disputes and conflicts relating to the ownership of UMG recordings
- Surface any issues encountered while using the CMS tool and UMG internal systems to team operations lead and coordinate to develop solutions
- Engage with other UMG departments as needed, helping to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of our claiming activities
- Provide UMG staff and/or stakeholders with detailed reports highlighting relevant analytics supplied by YouTube, including summaries of monetized and blocked videos
- Experience using new media and social networks, specifically YouTube
- YouTube content management or claiming experience preferred
- Superior organizational skills and task management
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Google Sheets
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Passion for music and technology
- Forward thinking and ambitious; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in new media and social networks, specifically YouTube
- 1-2 years at a music or entertainment company, digital platform, social network, rights management firm, preferred
- Rights management or copyright experience, a plus
- College degree preferred
- YouTube certification, a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.