Corporate Marketing Copywriter
The Perks You Can Expect:
- Two weeks PTO.
- Above-market pay.
- On-site, valet parking.
- Outstanding health, dental, and vision.
- Fully catered breakfast and lunch every day.
- Unrestricted access to an in-house gym and basketball court.
- Beer and wine on-tap in addition to a fully-stocked cocktail bar.
- Monthly team lunches at outstanding local restaurants and quarterly team events at places like Disneyland and Magic Castle.
The Perks You Can't Expect:
- The ability to work from home—ain’t gonna happen.
- Negotiable working hours—we need you here from 8:30 to 5:30.
- A pet-friendly office—we love dogs and we love cats, but we don’t love them here.
What You'll Need to Get This Job:
- A dynamic portfolio that demonstrates exceptional work.
- Strong professional references.
- A cover letter and resume.
What You’ll Need to Get Ahead of the Pack:
- One cover letter that reflects quality, caliber, and effectiveness of your writing.
- One unconventional resume that tells your professional story in a compelling way.
- The ability to speak to the teachings of advertising’s Hall of Famers (we mentioned a few of them earlier).
- An intimate understanding of Donald Miller’s Building a Storybrand, and his seven Storybrand Principles.
- A clear understanding that editing isn’t personal—it’s business. Your work is going to be edited with a heavy hand (especially at the start). A lot of copywriters get bent out of shape by that—if you can take feedback with a smile, you’re going to go to the head of the line.
- The discipline and attitude to handle changing priorities with a “can do” attitude—we won’t B.S. you, priorities shift here all the time. One moment we’re going right, the next minute we’re going left. If you’re the type of person that can handle a mercurial work environment with poise and grace, you’re going to be a preferred candidate.