Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s corporate communications team is responsible for shaping and driving Anduril’s narrative globally. We inform the world about how we’re building the future of defense through our software and hardware products. We’re looking for a Communications Manager to join our team. As a communications manager, you will work closely with the Head of Communications to develop and execute on overall communications strategies to elevate the reach and visibility of Anduril stories.
In this role, in addition to helping with day to day comms activities, you’ll oversee Anduril’s social media strategy including content creation and tactical execution; you’ll support internal communications by establishing & managing internal communications channels, oversee the planning and execution of internal events, and keep a pulse on everything that is happening in the organization.
The right person for this role is deadline-driven, an excellent communicator and a strong writer. This is an integral role in a fast-paced startup environment and you’ll need to be able to manage multiple programs at once, from strategic planning through tactical execution. We’re looking for someone who is creative, able to make the leap from information to insight and who is able to identify, cultivate and executive creative ideas and concepts. You’re succinct - able to keep complex things simple; and a big picture thinker with a detail-oriented approach. The ideal candidate will be a masterful storyteller with high judgement.
- General Comms:
- Support the communications team strategy and tactical initiatives by developing briefing sheets, maintaining media lists, drafting blog posts and pitching press.
- Serve as the day to day contact and manage Anduril’s incoming media alias
- Manage the speaking and awards program, which includes tracking deadlines, pitching speakers and drafting award submissions
- Work closely with the PR agency a to establish and refine measurements for PR.
- Develop Anduril’s engineering blog, creating a thoughtful editorial calendar, working closely with engineering to identify topics and develop unique content.
- Internal Comms:
- Support our overall employee communications strategy; creating communications programs and campaigns that inform and inspire employees.
- Define and manage internal communications channels, create and test new channels.
- Keep a pulse point on opportunities to amplify and share stories across various channels and outlets.
- Lead planning and execution for strategic internal events including company all hands.
- Develop Anduril’s social media strategy and oversee Anduril’s owned social channels.
- Create a robust social media editorial calendar, develop content, track metrics and measurement.
- Create and drive campaign strategies to increase social engagement and sentiment.
- Stay on-the-pulse with social media trends and recommend the best use of each platform where appropriate.
- Work with designers to develop visually compelling content and campaigns for social.
- Manage and execute paid social strategies, where needed.
- BS/BA in Communications or PR-related field
- 4-6 years of experience in PR, social media or communications ideally in a tech or startup environment
- Proven experience managing social media channels and campaigns
- Ability to work across mediums, including slide creation, visual design, videos, etc.
- Experience planning and executing events
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines
- Highly organized, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Cision, Muckrack and Trendkite PR Software
- Ability to use Photoshop and InDesign
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!