CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - PR, and Social Media
The Corporate Communications Manager role supporting marketing communications is a key evangelist of the Boingo brand, products, initiatives, and services – both internally and externally. You represent the Boingo brand, so strategy is important, execution is key and authenticity is imperative. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain a breadth of in-house experience in communications, social media and marketing unavailable in large companies, as you will have a hand in everything from strategy, marketing communications, social media, PR, competitive analysis and more. You will assist with strategic PR direction and positioning of the company, handle media outreach and manage Boingo’s digital brand platforms (website, social media channels), ensuring that messages and visuals align with Boingo’s brand voice and business objectives. You’ll need curiosity and customer service in abundance. This is a hardworking, fast-paced environment where execution and attention to detail is as important as enjoying the work and the Boingo culture. The position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications.
What does the job entail?
- Produce branded content such as videos, white papers, presentation decks, bylined articles and social media posts for Boingo brand and/or core business verticals
- Develop targeted pitches to secure media coverage for Boingo among key business, vertical trade, technology, and wireless press outlets, among others
- Collaborate with internal business teams to assess story and content opportunities
- Author press releases, presentations, pitches, and other copy as needed
- Work with creative team to produce marketing collateral and presentations
- Oversee several B2B communications channels including email, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Manage media coverage tracking and produce press reports for distribution to internal teams and executives
- Manage and develop award entries
- Develop editorial calendars and media databases for Boingo’s different lines of business
- Manage marketing/PR software solution such as Meltwater and Cision
- Track and deliver reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Design and collect market research
Is this you?
- Bachelors degree required
- 3+ years in a Corporate Communications or PR-focused role required. PR agency experience preferred
- Strong media relationships with business press; experience working with trade/B2B reporters
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills for a variety of audiences
- Understand and follow AP writing style
- Have a sharp attention to detail
- Believe from the depths of your soul that the customer comes first
- Understand a variety of social media channels, strategies and content delivery details
- Can juggle multiple projects, stay organized and prioritize deadlines with ease
- Have a strong interest in the technology and/or telecom industries
- Are positive and ready to proactively contribute and learn
- Can compile and analyze marketing data
- Have an outstanding ability to service internal clients, including anticipating their needs, providing awesome communication, and holding their hand when necessary
- Possess intermediate or higher MS Office skills, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Enjoy leading and working as part of a team to hit ambitious goals
- Are willing and able to travel ~15% of the time
- Have an incredibly upbeat, positive, “can do” attitude
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer volley ball team, fall tailgate party, and more. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles, where we’re headquartered, for four years straight, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.