Corporate Communications Lead
Launching next year, Quibi is the first entertainment platform that fits perfectly into any moment of your day. We’re on a mission to entertain, inform and inspire with fresh content from today’s top talent—one quick bite at a time. Founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman, Quibi brings together the best of Hollywood and Silicon Valley.
Every day, we’re defining the next era of storytelling while reinventing what a start-up can look like. Our trailblazing team is laser focused on our core audience, producing awe-inspiring shows for an intuitive, mobile-first platform, and creating a culture where everyone is heard. Yes, it’s a tall order—and that’s what makes it so exciting. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and build something from the ground up, working here will never be just a job.
We are seeking a strategic and innovative Corporate Communications Lead candidate responsible for creative ideation, strategic development and ongoing management of Quibi’s presence in the market. In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications and leading the efforts in shaping the communication strategy for Quibi and its executives.
What You'll Do:
- Drive corporate communications announcements and campaigns, including conducting research, identifying target press, drafting announcements, pitches and FAQs
- Develop a strategic plan to elevate Quibi’s executive presence in the market
- Pitch and secure speaking engagements and assist with crafting story narratives and talking points
- Provide support for C-level executive thought leadership speaking opportunities including prepping briefing documents and assisting with keynote speeches and asset development
- Cultivate and maintain great relationships with journalists and influencers by offering relevant information and spokespeople as resources
- Identify and facilitate opportunities to extend Quibi presence on social across executive and corporate accounts
- Support special projects that contribute to the brand recognition of Quibi
- Build strong internal relationships to stay aware of Quibi’s business to share these stories with internal stakeholders and develop unique press angles
- Assist Talent & Organization (TAO) team in managing Quibi’s employee comms, including brainstorming, writing, curating, and overseeing production of articles, videos and assets
- Serve as a market competitive expert, maintaining a pulse on industry changes and shifts and reporting back on them
What You’ll Need:
- 10 to 15+ years PR/Communications experience in technology and/or entertainment (agency or in-house)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced startup environment
- Creative, proactive and enthusiastic
- Real passion for the details
- Exceptional writing skills
- Independent self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Great teammate with extraordinary leadership skills
- Proven relationships with top journalists across multiple verticals
- B.A. or B.S. in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
Quibi is an equal employment opportunity employer. Quibi does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Quibi also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.