Corporate Communications Associate
OpenX, the world’s largest independent advertising exchange, is looking for a highly motivated and passionate storyteller to join the Corporate Communications team. As one of the pioneers of programmatic advertising, OpenX has a long history of innovation and driving results for leading publishers and brands worldwide, and we are seeking a communicator ready to roll up their sleeves and help shape compelling storylines for our business.
The position offers a unique opportunity to play a key real role in driving the OpenX narrative and grow the company’s reputation as a market leader in digital media and advertising. This role will be the primary owner of social media activity for the company, drive strategy around content, and work with the larger communications team on day-to-day media pitching and content creation efforts.
If you’re passionate about PR, social media, and storytelling, get energized by digging in and creating engaging content about new and emerging technologies that impact billions of consumers around the world and want to join a company recognized for its commitment to culture and team values as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” and one of Advertising Age’s “Top 50 Places to Work in Advertising” in America, this is a chance to take your career to the next level in a high growth industry, and do some of the most rewarding work of your career.
Social Strategy and Execution
- Manage social media accounts for the company, including creating content, monitoring activity, and regularly working with the larger team on strategic campaigns including the use of paid media
- Own all reporting around social media, share highlights with the wider company, and use findings to help inform future social strategies
- Work with select executives on building social media strategies that will support larger thought leadership initiatives around the individual person
- Serve as managing editor of the OpenX blog, driving strategy and collaborating with key spokespeople and subject matter experts to write and prepare blog posts
- Manage editorial calendar for the overall thought leadership program and ensure a regular cadence of bylines, blog post, research projects and more.
- Cultivate relationships with relevant product, marketing and other internal team members to help identify press angles and bring stories to life
- Collaborate with HR team members to develop strategic employee communications
- Bachelor's Degree with a strong academic record and 2+ years of PR agency or in-house communications experience.
- A strong working knowledge of social platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and more
- Strong writing skills, and the ability to translate conversations with executives into pieces of digestible content
- Solid understanding of the media landscape (domestic and international, online and traditional) with a keen sense of how they operate.
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional presentation skills with a strong eye for detail.
- Experience working in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs, etc.
- A real passion to work in a fast-paced startup environment that is not overly structured.
- Highly organized, comfortable in managing multiple projects to tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Experience building strong personal relationships working well across different teams.
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!