Copywriter at Tamara Mellon
Tamara Mellon, co-founder of Jimmy Choo, is no stranger to success or rule breaking. True to form, Tamara is now doing things differently— really differently.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, her three-year-old namesake label is the first-ever direct-to-consumer luxury women’s accessories brand. What this means in short: old school Italian craftsmanship without the retail markups.
For us, new luxury also means reinventing the shopping experience. Anyone who shops with us (or is a fan of the brand for that matter) is a VIP— think best-in-class customer service (we call them Liaisons) and complimentary shoe care with every purchase.
We’re dead serious about disrupting the status quo, and not just in the fashion industry. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
If you’re a rule breaker like us, and this sounds like the opportunity (not the job) you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you.
- Execute brand voice across all channels, including email, organic and paid social, offline collateral, PR, website, client services, and more.
- Uphold voice guidelines in all external communications, and consistently deliver thoughtful and compelling copy that’s true to brand DNA.
- Self copy-edit for spelling, grammar, and AP-style formatting.
- Work with Editor of Brand and creative team to ideate and produce story-driven narratives tailored to our KPIs and brand ethos.
- Work collaboratively across multiple departments, including Brand, Revenue, Product, and Operations.
- Manage copy-based projects from concept to launch, including having an eye for team touchpoints, milestones, and due dates.
- Add to our voice style guidelines as necessary.
- 2–4 years of working directly with brand touchpoints, from marketing to editorial to copy, and everything in between.
- Able to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working closely with brand and marketing teams to ideate, develop, and produce copy that has been distributed across email, social, and web channels.
- An innate understanding and interest in the why of our brand and in the importance of brand to our company’s success.
- Deep curiosity about the luxury, fashion, and e-commerce space.
- Works positively and collaboratively within a cross-functional environment. Embraces peer-to-peer feedback and training.
- Impressive pace of creative output. A general fearlessness about trying and doing.
Unlimited paid time off
Medical, Dental and Vision
12 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave
Employee discount (50%)