Coordinator, Creative Sync Licensing
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
In this dynamic position, the Coordinator, Creative Sync Licensing will be an integral part of the Seventeenfifty team. The candidate will be the first and primary point of contact for all audio and sync needs both internally and externally. They will provide administrative support the sync department through ingesting all music, tagging and flagging music for specific pitches, marketing music and tracking pitches in Salesforce. The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, organizational, and creative skills and a "can do" attitude. Passion for music, entrepreneurial spirit, polished professional demeanour, ability to keep calm under pressure and desire for a career in music at Capitol Music Group is a must. Ideal candidate has a finger on the pulse of popular culture and entertainment.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Primary point of contact for all audio and sync needs, including third party indie distribution labels (under Caroline)
- In charge with creating and sending all marketing blasts and updating marketing calendar for Capitol and Caroline
- Logging all Film and TV licensing requests for all label groups
- Responsible for all show/showcase blasts and fulfilling all client ticket requests
- Required to attend the Capitol label groups marketing meetings (ASW, Harvest, Caroline, etc.) and preparing presentations with sync requests, marketing and playlist creations
- Responsible for compiling and tagging all metadata on audio assets, as well as fulfilling all audio requests externally to clients and internally as needed
- In charge in keeping Salesforce up to date (adding contacts, logging pitches, logging marketing blasts, updating reports, etc.)
- Assist in creative pitches across all media verticals
- Will be attending Caroline label meetings to stay up to date on roster, audio assets, new releases, marketing plans etc.
- Will be interfacing with label teams, managers and artists to represent the broader sync team and sync initiatives
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- 1-2 years of sync, marketing and/or administrative experience.
- Must love music and be very passionate about it!
- Willing to cover all shows
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Senior Management and external partners
- Strong administrative, organizational and creative skills
- Strong computer skills are a plus – Preferred but not required experience using Microsoft Outlook, Box, Salesforce, Exact Target, Excel, Google docs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in high pressure and speed environment
- Ability to keep information highly confidential
- Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt in work environment
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.