Content Marketing Manager
Who We Are
HopSkipDrive is reimagining K-12 transportation. Our mission is to give all kids access to opportunity through mobility. HopSkipDrive helps schools and families get kids where they need to go safely and dependably. We are building a national transportation network that connects schools & families with trusted CareDrivers, who get kids where they need to go safely, reliably and economically.
We were founded by 3 moms who have 8 kids between them and who developed HopSkipDrive as a solution to their own transportation challenges. We are VC-backed with investment and involvement from nearly every major LA investor including Upfront Ventures, Greycroft and Pritzker, with more than $20M in funding.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s hottest startups and an all-around awesome place to work.
Who You Are
We want A+ players who want to disrupt a $100 billion student transportation industry. This is not a lifestyle job. This will be the hardest, most demanding, most exhilarating job you will ever have. It will also be the most rewarding. At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
The Content Marketing Manager will own content creation and the content calendar across all HopSkipDrive audiences: B2B (districts, schools, public partnerships) and CareDrivers. You will join an experienced team with a clear strategy and a world class tool kit, and help us create and tell persuasive stories to these audiences at each stage of their lifecycle. These stories and formats will range from bite-sized explainer videos to academic white papers, and will support lead generation, lead nurture, the sales and pipeline cycle, onboarding, and account growth. While you will receive a budget, a strategy, and a brand guide as “inputs,” you will also be expected to develop a point of view on those inputs and interrogate our assumptions once you demonstrate command of the HopSkipDrive brand. Your work will require you to partner with a wide range of internal stakeholders including marketing, sales and account management, product, and engineering, and you will also be responsible for managing content vendors to on-time, on-budget delivery.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Shepherd content projects from brief to completion
- Create and maintain the HopSkipDrive content and social media calendars
- Identify gaps in evergreen and seasonal content, surfacing recommendations and business cases to appropriate stakeholders for content across the funnel
- Identify, evaluate, compare, engage, onboard, and manage content producers and vendors
- Drive the development of the HopSkipDrive brand voice, and ensure that all published content is on brand
- Keep pace with an aggressive video case study production plan to support new market entries
- Refine and challenge our understanding of what “thought leadership” means in our space, and lead the programming of content that positions HopSkipDrive as a thought leader
- Use first and third party data to understand the challenges, biases, and objections of prospects, clients, and CareDrivers to inform content strategy
- Drive the creation and quality control/brand adherence of HopSkipDrive sales collateral and other internal content requests
- Look for opportunities to parse and repurpose content to extend our budget and our scale
- 2-5 years of experience in a fast-paced marketing environment
- 2+ years of experience driving the production of content from brief to completion, and owning a content calendar
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with video production
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Agile marketing experience
- Ticketing and project management tool experience (e.g. Trello, Asana, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Agency-side experience in a CRM content or other content role
- Web platform experience, e.g., Squarespace or Wordpress
- Light Pardot experience
- Light Salesforce experience
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.