Communications Manager- Trust and Safety at Tinder
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:07 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, January 23, 2021
We are looking for a communications professional with a passion for trust and safety-focused storytelling. The candidate will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and highlight’s Tinder’s investment in keeping its global community safe and informed throughout their dating journey—from their first Swipe Right™ to IRL meetups. They will report to the Director of Global Communications in the Los Angeles HQ office. The role requires strong cross-functional interactions with teams based in Europe and Asia, with a focus on US media relations.
In this role you will:
- Execute proactive media relations strategies, highlighting Tinder’s trust and safety stories - from corporate philosophy to concrete steps taken through product and policy decisions - working closely with our global communications teams and external safety partners.
- Manage collaboration with stakeholders across both Tinder and Match Group - including product, member experience, legal and safety/social advocacy teams - ensuring consistent and accurate brand positioning.
- Play an active role in shaping Tinder’s messaging.
- Produce relevant materials, including press releases, communications plans, messaging documents and more.
- Train and advise spokespeople for media interviews, external presentations, etc.
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson
Most of this applies to you:
- You have at least 5-8 years of experience in a communications-related role in tech, policy, consumer or NGO sectors (agency experience is a plus - we care more about your experience vs. the number of years under your belt).
- You are passionate about the Tinder brand and deliberately empathetic in your approach to communications.
- Proven ability to maintain composure while navigating complex issues with multiple inputs in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, project management, and critical thinking skills.
- You have a strong roster of relationships with media and a curiosity to build relationships with new contacts and can do it with great ease.
- You know when a journalist has switched roles or started their own newsletter—and keep industry podcasts on rotation.
- You can balance a level of natural curiosity with a healthy sense of skepticism.
- You can simplify complex ideas for wider distribution while identifying when there is a business need to peel back the onion and search for deeper understanding.
- You move with influence but you’re also willing to get into the weeds, meaning you flourish in a 'hands-on' role, adding value at different levels.
- You have a strong bias-to-action, are adept and agile on changing course and used to getting things done on short timeframes.
- You’re a strategic thinker, nimble and creative problem solver, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent communicator.
- You are confident and creative in writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer-facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between.
- You share the point of view that one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 people—and want to be that great person.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.